Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Traverse the Ecrins two day randonee race April 19 - 20 5,000m elevation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This weekend (weather allowing) there's a major two day randonne race going on starting in Puy St Vincent, the actual start is in the valley that the off piste bash came down that Friday, they race up to the ridge and then they traverse and climb to a higher point before descending back down and then doing two more big climbs - total elevation for the first day is 2,810 over 19.2km.

I'm wasted after a 1,500m climb and these guys n' gals are racing up - chapeau !!

Then on the Sunday they come back doing 1,930m over 19.6km in total circa 5,000m over two days

There's a good little teaser vid to give you an idea of what it's like
here

And this is the route and profiles
here

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weathercam, oh my god. That is crazy fitness!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are quite a few of those kind of daft races - there's the Pierra Menta in the Beaufortain and also a race right round the Tour de Beaufortain. And any number round Mont Blanc (with an easy beginner one which only does 100kms or so). Yes it is crazy fitness but possibly (grasping at straws here.....) they are not doing their joints a lot of good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy