Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

End of Season Sales - waddya get !

Poster: A snowHead
Loving the sales this year. Bagged some new trousers for MrsSkimottaret and the youth 50% off in Albertville and I got a Vallorbe fine file 1/2 price woohoo Toofy Grin

Got some cheap Icebreaker Merino 50-65% off and today bought some stupidly expensive Arc'teryx gloves but as I got 40% off at S&R made em only twice as much as I should have paid for a pair of gloves.

Did sell two pairs of GS skis so still have cash burning a hole in my pocket, give me some ideas !!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

50% off in Albertville

Au Vieux Campeur? Popped in there yesterday but only bought a walking map of the Lake Annecy area.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, Yup was there on Saturday and they were just changing over to the spring stuff with a few racks of discounted gear.. was your map on sale snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

was your map on sale

No - full price. But I get a lot of entertainment value from maps - sitting with a drink working out walks I'll probably never do! I was looking for a helmet but they didn't seem to have any at all. Decathlon was in full summer swing and with a much changed floor layout so I wandered round even more aimlessly than I usually do.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A new pair of skis a couple of months ago!! Laughing

http://k2skis.com/skis/womens/superburnin-74 A bargain on Sport Pursuit reduced down to £285 tested them last year before buying my Salomon skis tried at Hemel a couple of weeks ago and I didn't fall over rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Note to self: I DO NOT NEED ANY NEW GEAR. But I do fancy a new jacket...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pedantica, Needs and Wants are two different animals... Am still considering a new pair of GS skis but nothing in the sales... dont really need but definitely want a new Arc'teryx jacket to replace my old reliable Sidewinder... snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Technically nothing, but I did spend a load of free vouchers that were about to expire, plus the cash till girl found some money off things in a book behind the counter, so got a €180 sleeping bag for €80, and €120 worth of base layers and fleeces for €4.95 Smile (glad I found something €15 more than I was going to spend, else those extra discounts would have made the bill < vouchers!)

Will be getting a new jacket for next season. Primarily because I'm bored of the current one, and secondarily to confuse every sH I have skied with by having a different jacket. Can't decide on colour or brand, but might pop up to Sport Scheck
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I got a Protest mid layer type jumper last week while in Serre Che. Reduced down to €32, no idea what the original price should be though. As it was so warm my jacket was redundant last week and I'd worn my windproof jumper to death that it was in danger of being able to stand up by itself.

Most of the shops seemed to have huge amounts of Icepeak stuff reduced.

I need a new pair of ski pants/salos for next season. One pair is fine, the other pair are a little on the tight side - so much so that I somehow broke my phone that was in a pocket.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Picked up a half price fjallraven jumper in Au Vieux Campeur Albertville but was disappointed by the hardware with only 20% off Soul Sevens in my size. There were a lot of places around the Tarrentaise selling centuries old but unused Dynastar plop for 50% off but about 50% not enough off imho. Do You Need Another Ski Try A Rossignol Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Transceiver, shovel and probe x2. Will be out in the sand dunes trying to track down Mrs. Psycho....honest officer I was avalanche training...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
got Rossignol Saffron 7s a few weeks ago for $359! Yay!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A kitchen
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
T Bar, ha, that's what I'm about to get!
latest report
A new pair of Lange sx100 boots from quecha in Domancy to replace my old Salomon integral a'slippers'. Looking at the cc statement, change from £100!
snow conditions
In the last few weeks I've picked up a thermic boot dryer (going to be trying self catering next year, so no luxury of the chalet boot dryer), new pair of slightly longer Scott poles (on the advice of Derek at Marmalade) and a new jacket (as the old one started falling apart on my last trip) which happily has a colour that coordinates with my boots and skis - very important for a stylish fellow like me!

I should probably look out for a new helmet as the current one is now a couple of years old and has a nice collection of dings, though I'll probably hang on and get an Aldi one at the start of next season as I doubt I'll find anything close to that price even in the sales.
latest report
kieranm, where did you find the thermic dryer? One of mine has died and the other on last legs..
snow report
Quote:

I should probably look out for a new helmet as the current one is now a couple of years old and has a nice collection of dings

How????? I've had the same head for 55 years now and haven't managed to ding it yet....
ski holidays
andyrew, you're not trying hard enough.
latest report
andyrew, if kieranm, is anything like me then he'll have whacked his head getting on lifts. I whacked mine on the pull down handle quite a few times last week..... of course had I not had a helmet on there would be an inch or so extra gap so I probably wouldn't have whacked my head.
latest report
Quote:

kieranm, where did you find the thermic dryer? One of mine has died and the other on last legs..

Best price I could find, once delivery etc. was factored in, was Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Therm-Ic-Products-Boots-Glove-Thermic/dp/B0054U6ZWS/?tag=amz07b-21
latest report
tah, they are good but hard to find discounted !
snow report
Quote:

How????? I've had the same head for 55 years now and haven't managed to ding it yet....

I don't think of myself as accident prone but to have gone 55 years without banging your head on something seems remarkable!

Most of the dings in the helmet are probably from when it wasn't actually on my head. I keep it in my boot bag and I'm not too precious about it as I'd rather replace with another cheap one every year or two. But on top of that I have had occasional knocks on it from lift bars, falls, and I've probably dropped it a couple of times. The final straw though was a recent fall at Welwyn when I passed out afterwards - definitely time for a new one now.
snow report
right boot dryer ordered now what Toofy Grin
latest report
Quote:

I have had occasional knocks on it from lift bars

It was a bash from a lift bar which drew quite a lot of blood which finally drove on of my sceptical friends to get a helmet.
latest report
Pedantica wrote:
T Bar, ha, that's what I'm about to get!

It was actually a little tongue in cheek based on the spam on the forum.

Reality is I found a jacket in the sales to replace my rather elderly number and I need a new pair of skis as the repair shop has declared my current ones as fit only for rock skis and beyond further repair. Not sure what to buy.
snow report
skimottaret wrote:

Find me some bargain GS skis whilst I nip out for a beer or two........
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just ordered some new skis from Glisshop - piste skis (74 waist) and a bit shorter than I've been skiing. Dynastar Active Pro. Lightweight, which is what I am, these days - don't think my poorly knee can cope with off piste. £252. But I'm going home tomorrow - will have to wait till next season to try them out. Unless I take them to Hemel. Which I might - but that would mean taking boots home; the Hemel boots are grim.
snow report
skimottaret wrote:

One for the left boot?
snow conditions
Quote:

whilst I nip out for a beer or two..

a well deserved beer or two i recon !!!
ski holidays
got some wicked Hestra gloves - technically not in the sale as such, but new from a fellow Snowhead. Thanks again valuga
snow report
pam w, just received a pair of the dynastar cham 87's from glisshop -very nice ! Trying hard not to think about the EOSB as I so wanted to be there trying them out, but too much got in the way. So difficult to stick them under the bed 'till next season !! Sad
snow report
pam w,
Quote:

piste skis (74 waist) and a bit shorter than I've been skiing. Dynastar

Damn, you could have had my Exclusive Legends for nothing! But maybe 152 would have been too short for you? Actually, I've been hanging on to them in case my own knees get worse, and I stop being able to handle the red devils on piste!
snow conditions
http://fly.hardyfishing.com/en-gb/products/flyfishing-rods/sintrix-flyfishing-rods/zenith/

10' 7wt.
ski holidays
Quote:

But maybe 152 would have been too short for you?

Thanks, Pedantica. I've ordered 158. I have Dynastar Exclusive something or other too, but they are pretty old now (bought cheaply years ago when they were "last year's model") and also 163. I took easiski seriously when she said my skis were too long! The new skis were £252, which I thought a good buy.
ski holidays
Arbor watchtower 163 snowboard, about $700 NZ landed, roughly half price. Love US sales, just in time for the start of the season Very Happy
snow report
pam w,
Quote:

The new skis were £252, which I thought a good buy.
Indeedy. Hope you enjoy them in due course.
ski holidays
Pair of Spyder Dare salopettes which were just before end of season sales in europe - £295 in snow and rock and i paid US$212 including tax when i was in phoenix, and i tested them out the following week in Beaver Creek Laughing
snow report
pam w wrote:
Just ordered some new skis from Glisshop - piste skis (74 waist) and a bit shorter than I've been skiing. Dynastar Active Pro. Lightweight, which is what I am, these days - don't think my poorly knee can cope with off piste. £252. But I'm going home tomorrow - will have to wait till next season to try them out. Unless I take them to Hemel. Which I might - but that would mean taking boots home; the Hemel boots are grim.

Snap Cool just had a week on mine snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy