Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 valleys escapade checkpoints

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I've found a few maps showing the 30 or so lifts you need to do for the 3 valleys escapade, but I can't find a list of the 18 actual checkpoints. Please could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

mnbv
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the checkpoints dont actually exist you just have to have used those lifts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
OK great, but which ones Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.meribel.net/ski-2011/outils/plan-des-pistes.html

Click on Escapades and they are all highlighted
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is this the Enduro you are talking about? Would love to know hwat you thought of it?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowrider wrote:
http://www.meribel.net/ski-2011/outils/plan-des-pistes.html

Click on Escapades and they are all highlighted

+1
If using a paper piste map make sure you don't use an old one, they changed at one point. Although the interactive map looks like what we did last year so it doesnt look like theyve changed again.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks! the escapade symbol overlays coqs and biollay in courcheval, how do you know which one to use?

Also does anyone know if it's possible to get from "meribel village" 1400m (not meribel) to the Le Olympique lift station in Le Raffort? (that would be my escape route home to brides les bains if I'm too slow!)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Biollay is in, Coqs is not.

You can get from Meribel Village Le Raffort (and Meribel itself) using the free bus if the lifts have stopped running.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Raffort lift station is about 500m away from Meribel Village by road.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.latania.co.uk/skiing/escapaders/Jan2014EscapadeRoute.pdf there you go.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

http://www.latania.co.uk/skiing/escapaders/Jan2014EscapadeRoute.pdf there you go.

I'd be careful with that route - it involves significant off-piste sections that I doubt would be skiable at this time of year
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No snow down to Raffort now and we have been home several days.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I realise now that this is not about the Enduro, so forgive my ignorance, but what are/is the Escapades (apart from a list of lifts)???
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's a challenge that the lift company sets, the idea being that if your average holiday skier has managed to use all those lifts during their week in the 3V, they have covered the whole area. You can take your lift pass to the office and get checked and receive a certificate and sometimes a badge. There is an unofficial challenge to instead do all the lifts in a single day, which again the lift pass office are happy to validate. Doing it over a week is pretty straight forward. Doing it in a day you need to plan your route carefully, get first lift, ski pretty hard, choose a time when there aren't lots of queues and take no breaks.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OK thanks Kieranm!

I think these are the 18 required lifts, please could someone confirm? It would be gutting to take a wrong lift by mistake! Happy

By the way is next week good for doing the escapade, regarding crowds / lift ques? As far as I can tell it's during the school holidays in UK and Paris, but not the rest of France. And it's late season so maybe not too popular with most people?

La Tania
Biollay
Vizelle
Dent de Burgin
Golf
Olympic
St Martin 1
Roc de Tougne
Becca
Montaulever
Peclet
Col
Bouchet
Plan de l'Eau
La Masse 2
Mures Rouges
Chapelets
Tovets
snow report
Yes that looks correct to me, although obviously other lifts of your choice are needed to connect them. I doubt you'll have a problem with queues at this time in the season.
snow conditions
Great, thanks! Happy
snow report
mnbv wrote:
OK thanks Kieranm!

I think these are the 18 required lifts, please could someone confirm? It would be gutting to take a wrong lift by mistake! Happy

By the way is next week good for doing the escapade, regarding crowds / lift ques? As far as I can tell it's during the school holidays in UK and Paris, but not the rest of France. And it's late season so maybe not too popular with most people?

You know you don't have to do it in a day? In a typical week there aren't actually many lifts we don't use. Ok they do put the number of days you took on your certificate and if you're desperate to have just 1 so be it.
latest report
I can recommend the 2012 route on the laTania webpage http://www.latania.co.uk/photos/2013/2Dec/NewEscapade/3vmap.jpg

2 of us did it in March with 15mins to spare, starting from Meribel Village. I really need to spend the tennis season working on my leg muscles, it is a serious, non-stop challenge and the guy I do it with runs marathons n stuff, so if I'm fitter it'll be 1) more fun, 2) faster, as he's like the Duracell bunny!
latest report
Hello,
Is the Escapade still on in the 3 valleys? I notice from the piste map the lift markers are gone.
Wakkitt
latest report
2015 version: http://www.latania.co.uk/blog/?p=7982
snow report
wakkitt wrote:
Hello,
Is the Escapade still on in the 3 valleys? I notice from the piste map the lift markers are gone.
Wakkitt

The Escapade is now on the official app. So you collect the locations on your phone, not on your lift pass I think.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy