Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Esf or evo2 avoriaz?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
off to avoriaz 12-19 April. I've emailed ESF, EVO2 and the British ski school there. The British school can only offer individual, which is too expensive at their prices.

Has anyone got any experience good / bad / indifferent of ESF or EVO2?
EVO2 can offer us group lessons for our 6 year old. But nothing for us or the 9 year old. But the individual lessons for me and mrsL will come to the same price as group lessons, so we will possibly go with that. Our 9 year old could do individual with us, but he really wants to develop his snowboarding which would be a separate individual lesson, which is obviously getting more exepensive

ESF can offer group lessons for all of us apparently.

I've no experience of either, a brief google seems to reveal that evo2 have a good rep and ESF can vary from resort to resort. Some great experiences, some terrible on google.

The difference in cost between the 2 options isn't huge and when looked at against the cost of the whole holiday, Is very modest, so I'd rather get the best option rather than the cheapest. Also does anyone know if both schools meet at the same place. All the avoriaz maps and info on the web is very confusing! If they meet at the same place then we can use both schools
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know it's not what you asked, but - have you looked at the Village des Enfants, which is an ESI school. Despite the name, our, then,13 yr old son was pretty happy with his week in lessons - so much so that even though we had only booked mornings, he chose to extend to afternoons as well after a couple of days.

I agree that the maps look confusing, but they make sense once you're there. Can't help with where Evo2 meet, but ESF is on the plateau at the top of the village(the top of the Plateau lift is at the left on the map), the village is on a slope then all the way down towards the Stade lift. Village des Enfants is in the village at the bottom of the shopping area.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did look at village des enfants but I got the impression it was for very small kids and / or beginners? our 9 year old can keep up with me on blacks and easy off piste and the 6 year old is just about doing parallels (level 2 i think in ESF Parlance).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alexl, definitely not just for littlies, but the older ones don't stay in the garden! Our lad was in the Freeride group - part of their Teens offering. We make him do lessons because he's a lot more adventurous than his mother is (and probably a little more than I am) and we would hold him back, plus he has a better chance of learning decent technique from a proper instructor.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cool. I'll have a look at that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Happy to endorse Village des Enfants, my lad (7 years old) loved his time there and want to go back next year
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy