Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GLOVES , self heating ???Help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Snowheads,

My wifes hand get really cold when we go skiing so have been looking at getting some more gloves, saw these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8727773719&fromMakeTrack=true

ones on ebay, dont know if anyone has used these or has heard anyone who has used them??

Please can anyone help.

Thank you
Code:
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi mobsta007, they are from Decathlon - their gear's normally pretty good and if you can get to a store they'll cost you £9,95 instead of ebay's £19.95.

I saw someone with them when I was in Canada last year who thought they were pretty good.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cathy,

Thank you very much will have a look.

Appreciate your advice.

Mobsta

snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the little packs you can buy (cheapest in France) that heat up when unwrapped and exposed to air (oxygen) are excellent. Like fat teabags. They fit in the palm of your hand - can wrap them up again in polythene and keep to use again the next day, up to total of about 8 hours. Then chuck out. Keep them in pocket and use if it gets cold.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quick question... what does she wear on her head?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
and I'll second WTFH's question with another, has she tried wearing sweatbands over her wrist?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mobsta007,

I get really cold hands. Just go for some really high quality gloves, should do the trick. I'm a bit sceptical of the self heating system, seems a bit gimicky...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My OH has these and amazingly they do work - but only for a few mins - good for warming your hands on the way up lifts though... aj xx
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You could try Zainer heated gloves (scroll down this page for info). Good for skiers with cold hands, but very expensive.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I also get really cold hands - have to wear ski gloves to drive to work - in nottingham rather than somewhere nice and snowy - and the best answer that I have found is goretex mittens - mid-priced ones (about £40) from EB - with a pair of glove liners and those little tea bag like packs inside - have coped fine with -25 in banff. Also use the same little warmers in my boots as they don't seem to take up much room
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Generally, mittens will keep your hands warmer than gloves. When I've experienced really low temperatures (on a par with k's -25) I've worn thin silk inners, which work well.

The tea-bags full of iron filings work well, also.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mrs lbt likes the mitten approach too. It seems like her fingers benefit from being cuddled up rather than having individual little sleeping bags rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not being funny but a pair of £20 gloves aren't going to solve anything. If your wife suffers so badly with cold hands splash out on a decent pair £80+. It may sound expensive but she AND YOU will enjoy yourselves much if you are nice and toasty.

Many cheaper gloves aren't as breathable as more expensive ones, and moisture will be the maor factor in cold hands.

I would say that Hestra gloves are top notch, but there are not so common in this country. They do some which are mitten/glove cross things where the index finger and thumb are seperate whilst middle to little finger are in a mitten like space. The result is the freedom of gloves but cosyness of mittens. Downside - your hands look like alien hands in them lol! http://www.hestrausa.com/product.php?id=2 see these in french resorts alot
Ellis brigham sell these hestra gloves which a friend of mine had last year and thought they were great http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/316420||@cSki%20Gloves@bHestra|0|user||3|

Another suggestion would be to get gauntlet style gloves, as they come higher up the forearm and most have a toggle strap to tighten around the arm keeping the warmth in.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mrs Gordyjh suffers from cold hands - they get too hot, make the liners damp and then get cold. We found Level Multy gloves with a fairly high-tech looking liner worked well last winter. The other solution we have found is to have at least 1 spare pair of liners so you have always got dry ones on.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FastCarver, absolutely agree!

The way I see it is: some cheap gloves *may* be well made and do the job.
All expensive branded (ski/outdoor brand, not fashion brand) ones *will* work.

And they'll last.

Having a cold/sad OH is a great way to have less skiing Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy