Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Questions for my Upcoming Trip to Zell am See and St. Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I have scheduled a trip for April 4th to April 9th in Zell am See and St. Anton and I have a few questions. I will be spending the first 3 days in Zell am See/ Kaprun and the final 3 days in St. Anton. Here are my questions:
-Can anyone recommend any shops to rent high performance skis at in both areas? I want the best skis possible, and have a preference toward Kastle, though I like Nordica, Blizzard, Head, and Dynastar as well.
-Can anyone recommend any restaurants/ Apres ski spots (specifically in St. Anton)? I'm with a planned group trip in Zell am See so I'm more concerned with St. Anton.
-Where should I ski? I'm thinking about skiing the glacier mostly while in Zell am See/ Kaprun as the temps will be quite high in Zell am See and I'm thinking the snow will be better there. Is this a good idea? Also, where should I ski in St. Anton? Unfortunately I'll only be there for 3 days, so where are the "must hits" and where will have good snow?
-Lastly, I'm thinking about doing a guided tour with Piste to Powder while in St. Anton. Would you guys recommend this given the snow conditions and the fact that I will only be spending 3 days in St. Anton? Is it worth it/ is Piste to Powder the right choice?

If you guys have any other recommendations or advice that would be greatly appreciated as well. Also if anyone is going to be in Zell am See or St. Anton and would like to make some turns that would be great too. Thanks,

Tyler
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
JTDixon, You need to check out the latest conditions at both of the resorts.

For example, Zell am See have now closed 2/3 of the slopes and lifts > http://www.schmitten.at/en/slope-conditions.html as the snow has melted away in the 20 deg. sunshine. You'll easily do what is open in Zell in half a day. My suggestion is that you spend one day in Zell, one in Kaprun and then drive over to Saalbach (20 mins away) and spend a day on Schattberg and Zwolferkogel, which both have good piste conditions at the moment. The secret as ever with Spring skiing is to get up early and ski until a late lunch time. As for renting skis, you'll find many of the shops are already closed, but Intersport usually have a good selection, as do Ski Pro. Both are in the pedestrian area. You'll need skis that can handle an hour or so of ice, followed by 3 hours of ever-softening snow/slush.

Can't help you with St Anton.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Apres in St Anton is the Mooserwirt, Krazy Kangaruh and Taps up on the slopes (on the main Happy Valley run back into town) and a variety of bars in town including the Piccadilly, Scotty's and Kandahar. Apres is legendary in St Anton!

Not sure if they'll all still be open, but someone will know.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would go for intersport premium in sell and spend time on he glacier in kaprun rather than skiing zell. Zell at 4 degrees was really heavy and slushy bottom 3/4 shmitten was great in jan
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Anton après wise, it's the KK closing party on Saturday night, so expect a big one there going in to the small hours. Mooserwirt and Taps still open, but Tuesday is Taps Race. It's basically their version of a season end party, race for staff/ski bums, usually starting at Taps down to the Galzigbahn, but possibly starting above it this year due to the snow (they rope off half the piste so might just be a little too narrow at the beginning), stays open until the end of season tho. Few places in town no longer have après sessions (Picadilly and I think Kandahar) and talk of some maybe only opening weekends.

Ski hire in St Anton is expensive, but you can get Kastle skis, Sport Alber sell them and I believe also rent them, and I think Jennewein/Sport 2000 do also. Intersport I'm not too sure about.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Having just browsed on Facebook, I've noticed that this morning Piste to Powder have posted that their St Anton off piste season has ended, so you may luck out on that one (although I've never used them, I know plenty who have and thoroughly enjoyed it).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy