Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with a backpack?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Jonpim, Just because 'backpack' consists of two words in English doesn't make it the right word in England. 'Backpack' is a recent American import with 'rucksack being far more established. In the UK should we be going to the 'movie theatre' or the cinema? Of course, we could always go for 'haversack' instead which is even better. ,
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@foxtrotzulu, i'm afraid i am a vigilante terrorist whenever i encounter the Language Police. Language - words and grammar - is fluid. Words come and go, words change their meaning, structure changes. I reckon you should just go with the flow. And certainly in my group of friends/acquaintances it is definitely "Backpack".
Some interesting stuff here, if you have a moment: http://www.krysstal.com/wordname.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Also no issue with backpacks on the lift if done up correctly. This only pushes you forward, probably 6 inches. Although I am not mega thin, there are a lot of skiers on lifts, who due to their overall size have a frontage, much further forward than mine with a backpack. A wife and three girls in my family,- I happily take the 'accessories, hit! Never had an issue on chairlifts.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The issue is not with how far forward it pushes you. The issue is that other skiers / boarders will see you with your sack/pack on the lift, some of whom may not be so dilligent with the straps all being done up. A tragic accident occurred in Linga when a teenager could not alight at the top, because his straps got caught on the chair.
Yesterday the liftie on the Cornebois chair stopped the chair a couple of times when skiers ignored the sign telling them to take the dorsal-mounted-accessories-carrying-apparel from their backs, as they thought it di not apply to them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy