Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Full Tilt boot flex

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowHead,

I recently bought myself a pair of 2011 Full Tilt High Fives (incredibly comfy, love them), but they came with a #4 flex tongue which I think will be great for park skiing, but is too soft for the rest of the mountain.,

Do any bootfitters or people who own Full Tilt boots have any idea as to how the FT flex system compares to other boots?
I'd like a tongue that is fairly stiff for all-mountain and off-piste skiing. I'm 6'3", weigh 14 stone and ski pretty aggressively. I'm considering either the 8 or 10 flex, but not sure which one will be best suited to me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Lewis.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Im interested in this too, planning on buying some FT's this year as everyone says my old boots are going to explode as theyre over 20 years old. my old boots were full on race boots, they started very stiff and are now incredibly stiff as they've aged.

Im moving into park skiing now though so interested to see how the FT's compare and whats recommended for each discipline. I landed heavily in my current boots before Xmas and actually thought Id broken my shin, Im putting this down to the boots being so stiff, and that I may have tightened the bindings a little too much as the skis should have probably snapped off.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We must have over a dozen pairs of Flexons of various vintages rattling around here.

It's difficult to compare the flex to other boots 'cos it feels quite different. You can just keep pushing a Flexon and the flex gets progressively firmer whereas most others get to a point and then collapse. I suggest you just try 'em and see how they feel.

I have some Konflicts with #8 tongues and can't see that anyone would want stiffer - but then I'm happy touring on old tongues that are probably about #4.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
altis, I was leaning more towards #8 as I'm not used to having a really stiff boot anyway. My instructor friend said I should get a 10 if I want stiffness as near to race boots.

I want to try some but no shops near me stock Full Tilt. I think I'll probably end up ordering some #8 tongues and hope they're good for me
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lewisb22, I have a pair of Seths with the 8 flex tongue and they feel stiffer than the Lange XT 110 they replaced, I'm 6-2 and 100kg so fairly similar in size to you, I've seen various comparisons on online stores of the flexs the most common were 10 = 130, 8 = 110, 6 = 90 though i suspect these are pretty vague guesses as I've also seen the 8 flex described as 130 on some sites.

Hope this helps
Nick
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
springbok45, thanks nick, that's really helpful. Have you found them to be good for you? What kind of skiing do you do?
If you ski aggressively I'll most likely get the 8.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lewisb22 wrote:
springbok45, thanks nick, that's really helpful. Have you found them to be good for you? What kind of skiing do you do?
If you ski aggressively I'll most likely get the 8.

Yep I do as much off piste as possible, big fast turns on piste, was thinking of getting the 10 flex tongue at first but they pretty solid boots as they are, really pleased with them.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have the Konflicts with no8 flex tongue. Was using 120 flex salomon, the 8's feel fine compared to the sallys.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy