Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc'teryx Rebranding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
PRESS RELEASE:

Vancouver, B.C. - April 1 2014 - North Vancouver based outdoor apparel manufacturer Arc’teryx today announced it is rebranding.

Arc’teryx, or rather the brand formerly known as Arc’teryx, has undertaken a major rebranding effort in order to unburden the tongues of outdoor enthusiasts around the world. Effective today, the Company is switching from the condensed word, Arc’teryx to it’s easier to spell and pronounce root - Archaeopteryx.

“The name Arc’teryx is a key part of our history and we will always be proud of that. But as our products enter markets around the world, we want everyone to enjoy saying our name as much as they do wearing our products; that’s why it’s important to have a name that will be easy to pronounce across the globe,” said Vincent Wauters, GM & CEO of the company. “Authenticity is central to our brand and it always felt like we were betraying ourselves with the abbreviated word. Now, we can move forward, confident that we are true to our core users and the core of our name.”

Beginning immediately, all products will have the full word updated under the logo. In Burnaby, where the brand has its own factory, the intense reprogramming of machinery and positioning the full name has already started. A redesign of the new logo was unveiled today along with the two year multi-million dollar plan to entirely erase the previous name.

The company is asking for patience from its customers. An online registration, for those wishing to have their products rebranded, will be in place shortly. When asked if the cost of the new look was going to be reflected in future pricing, Vincent Wauters had “no comment at this time.”

http://youtube.com/v/qrMnAJAeZa4
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thank feck for that. I always get the apostrophe in the wrong place.

Eg

'Arcteryx

Arcter'yx

Arct'eryx

Nightmare.

I will sleep that little bit more soundly tonight.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
...and the date is?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I never know how to pronounce it it, Arc-teh-rix or Arc-ter-ix?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bälls, I'm gonna need a new €600 jacket now Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dulcamara, no, they said they'd take it back and update the firmware to reflect the new branding. So you'll be OK.

I guess they've perfected a new form of breathable but waterproof embroidery which I would hope to see on new products as they're released.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
April fools day ??????

Why would you rebrand a name to a longer name just as hard to say for most and also recall and rebrand 10'sof thousands of products?
The logistics alone of rebranding recalled items never mind the cost means to me this could only be a wind up.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
speed098, no shlt sherlock Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Clarky999

Yep no poo-poo but company's have made stupid decisions anyone remember the hoover offer ?

Wonder if we could get Salomon to do a buy a set of ski's or boots and get a free week in a French ski resort buy both get a free lift pass as well Razz

Maybe K2 could follow with the same offer for a trip stateside Very Happy

Edit

don't you just love it when it poo-poo's your "S" word Razz
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
and to add to that I have just heard that the French have decided to lift the requirement of any would be instructors in France to pass the Eurotest....

a flock of pink piggies have just flown past my window....
Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy