Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

landmark/breakthrough days

Poster: A snowHead
What is/was your best of them?

Treating myself to a beer for making EVERY turn this morning a Tele, from foot thick fresh powder on first lift, through the chop and the groomed . . . Chuffed beyond measure Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
every ski day this season Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A couple of days on holiday this year, and also yesterday at the snowdome when I realised that if I put in the effort I can make this action with the skis where they move and make their turns to each side of me and my upper body stays in the middle, and I can feel the skis pulling themselves through the turn. It feels absolutely fantastic!!

holidayloverxx, I totally 'get that', you have made an astonishing recovery and I am so pleased for you. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a real breakthrough day last week, discovering a new (to me) tactic. I discovered that if you keep drinking and dancing until 3am your hangover doesn't kick in until after you've finished teaching later that day. At this point five espressos and a free grappa from a sympathetic waitress cures all ills. I'm going to remember that tactic in case I need to call on it again.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 30-03-14 20:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, Very technical, Rob! rolling eyes Laughing

For me last week, it was the inside knee! snowHead (Just need to make sure I keep the rest up to scratch Toofy Grin )
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Iski wrote:
rob@rar, Very technical, Rob! rolling eyes Laughing
Sometimes we need to look more broadly than the inputs we make wink

Moving your inside knee/ski was definitely a step forwards for you.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
After about 9 lessons snowboarding suddenly clicked on a holiday to the US. I had booked a group lesson, but as it was quiet I got a 121 lesson and during that lesson it suddenly all came together. Some simple advice about my stance and I never looked back

Spent the rest of the day hurtling round the mountain feeling great until I caught a toe edge which reminded me I still had a lot to learn.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar wrote:
I had a real breakthrough day last week, discovering a new (to me) tactic. I discovered that if you keep drinking and dancing until 3am your hangover doesn't kick in until after you've finished teaching later that day. At this point five espressos and a free grappa from a sympathetic waitress cures all ills. I'm going to remember that tactic in case I need to call on it again.

And if instead of the espressos you repeat the process when you finish instructing you can put the hangover off for another day Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The power of serendipitous tunes coming on for particular terrain.

Soft bumps - Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing
When you absolutely positively have only 2 mins to get to last lift or face a long bus ride -
The Damned - New Rose.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hooking up with a UIAGM Guide Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rob, you say Tactical but I think that could also come under Physical, Psychological or Environmental.... wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stevomcd, Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
my snowboarding lessons with Neil McNair in Tignes - a private 1/2 day in 2010 and again in 2013. Each of those moved my riding up a tick. The last one helped massively with riding switch, as well as moguls - I no longer avoid them, though they'll never really be a snowboarder's favourite terrain feature...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Third from last day of last season. Nailed 180s in the park. Discovered I could do it again. Felt amazing!!

Next year, 360s!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Harry Flashman, good for you but I find 180s are an inevitable and entirely predictable disaster when trying 360s.
latest report
rob@rar, So are you a driving instructor, school teacher or ski teacher?? I hope the later although this awesome tactic will help with all three im sure Toofy Grin
snow conditions
PaulC1984, Laughing
ski holidays
under a new name, those 203cm SG skis may not be helping in this instance!
snow report
balernoStu, aye!
snow report
under a new name wrote:
Harry Flashman, good for you but I find 180s are an inevitable and entirely predictable disaster when trying 360s.

Heh - agreed. I have inelegantly landed a couple of 360s, but definitely more luck than judgement, so cannot claim the ability. Aim to get consistently able without breaking anything next year *touching wood big time here*
latest report
Harry Flashman, any 360 I manage usually includes 'touching cloth big time' Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy