Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Mamba - Kitzsteinhorn

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A new black run on the Glacier. Has anyone skied it?

http://youtube.com/v/3Gh3VEa7XsI

I was wondering if this is a run best not attempted by numpties like me? The marketing men rate it as 'experts' and quote a 63% slope( Shocked ). I get down the blacks in Zell OK (though struggle with the Trass).

I was just wondering if this run is too much for most skiers (i.e. not safe).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zellmaniac, Beware of snow snakes! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
63% is 32 degrees, so reasonably steep for a piste but not that steep really.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink,

That was a venomous comment!! wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I skied it in January, really liked it. The way it winds around makes it interesting. It was a lot bumpier than the clip when we did it but still manageable. Its not much harder than the blacks in Zell, it is narrower though. I'd say, go for it!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rachelb's description is good. The run has actually been there for two or three years (at least), previously as part of the ski route X4. The first photo below shows a view from the top of the piste, near the bottom station of the Kristallbahn chairlift. The run does drop away steeper beyond the lip after the snow cannon...

And the second photo is a view down to Langwied from ski route X2, which runs parallel to the Black Mamba (piste 14), to the left of it as you look down. You can see the route of the piste in the middle background, where the yellow snow cannons are (both photos from April 2013)...

I also think that if you can ski the Zell blacks, you would manage this too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks espri,

That's on the list for next season! No hols left for any more skiing this year Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skied it in all conditions in January and love it, especially the finish. probably a bit tougher than black 13 or 14 in zell but if you manage them you should manage this
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes skied it early march. Perfectly lovely black- nice and wide, good gradient- best joined from
Blue at the top and then batter down to the end rather than the track about 100m down
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
From memory we did it three times in a row
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Did it in early jan favourite route up there. Quite narrow and icy in parts but wouldn't say it's that tough... Better than the blacks in zell and the top two t Kitz.

I'd start on the top two see how you go and then give it a whirl. The narrow bits of the top are reasonably representative of he mamba
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I didn't think it was narrow- possibly because the crappy red 'Shute' into it scared me so the actual slope was a pleasant surprise
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Certainty wider than some of the paths like red 9 which is what 5-6ft wide? Mamba at it's narrowest felt maybe 12-15ft? May well be exaggerating Wink felt narrow for me
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like a reasonable challenge, however I suspect that the difference will come once it gets skied and starts to develop humps, bumps, polished sections, etc.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy