Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thoren / Tignes First weekend May

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of booking an end of season trip to Val Thorens or Tignes for the first weekend in may.

Can anyone comment on what to expect.

For example: The Chances of still being able to ski in / out? and Are all bars, restaurants etc.. still open?

Please let me know your thoughts or experiences. Are there any other resorts I should consider?

Cheers. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depending on what your definition of weekend is, you might find accommodation in VT hard to come by as it's the end of 'Dutch week'. But if you can find somewhere, it's a great time to go. Yes, pretty much everything will still be open plus the Dutch have ski testing and après rock bands organised. When the Dutch have gone the slopes are quiet and sunny and usually with good snow still. No queues and still ski-in/out in most areas. It's a nice time to be there.

Haven't been to Tignes in May so can't comment but my gut feeling is VT will be better.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the Info, I expect with it being dutch week the atmosphere / apres ski will be pretty good. I will look through some of the Websites for private apartments to check the availability.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2-4 May is the Black Shoes Telemark event in Tignes - so it will be quite lively - those boys in tweeds now how to party before they set off with their broom pole as a ski pole Shocked . The whole of the EK is open till 4 May and the Tignes Glacier until 11 May. You can expect warm sunshine and slushy afternoons - as to the depth of the snow nobody knows in either resorts. There will be loads of cheap accom - many will also have lift pass deals as well. Some of the bars /restaurants will have closed (just like VT). It would be highly unusual not to be able to ski down to resort as long as you are in Val Claret of Le Lac.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info guys, It sounds like either resort will be okay and both with lively apres ski. I think so far it will come down what accommodation I can find.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jimmy38 Mrs MA & I have skied in Tignes/Val T every May Day weekend since 2008 - & never been disappointed. Espace Killy is generally 50% or more open; runs are always kept open to resort level - always to Val D (1800m) & often to Les Boisses (1500m) - admittedly a slushfest lower down but good fun!

We've had powder at altitude on about half of the trips and the glaciers and higher runs can be relied on for winter snow conditions. When the sun comes out it's scorching - so take plenty of high factor suncream.

Tignes/Val D edges it in terms of amount of terrain in May - but Val T is still good too.

PM me if any interest in our 4 person apartment in Tignes - though we'll be there over May Day weekend wink - or I can put you in touch with a Val T Snowhead apartment owner too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy