Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slope-side restaurants in Les Arcs?

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for any (preferably slope-side)restaurants anywhere in Les Arcs, not to expensive but good quality food and not the usual sausage and chips.. any ideas?
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Arpette, between 1600 and 1800, is good value for money, also the place at the bottom of Pré St Espirit has good self-service.
And of course La Ferme, at Villaroger.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blanche Muree, above 1800, & La Vache in Plan Peisey. Also La Cordee, just as you come down into Plan Peisey, above The Vanoise Express
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was out there last week and discovered a place called Aux Enfants Terribles, on the slope side just below the top of the Vallandry and Peisey lifts. It had a great self-service restaurant (as well as a snack bar and a proper waitress service restaurant which I didn't investigate) with a big selection of Savoyard dishes, plus lasagne, pasta, homebaked pizzas, salads and tarts etc. Really good Plat de Jour for 14 Euros. Tartiflette and salad was I think 12 Euros. Massive helpings too. I ended up eating in there several times as both the food and the atmosphere was so nice. Big outdoor terrace for when the sun was shining too.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 26-03-14 22:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What's expensive?

Belliou La Fumee isn't the cheapest (20 odd euro a main), but the food and ambience are near perfect.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I love Blanche Muree, the crepes in the afternoon are massive. Great terrace, and the vin chaude is not too bitter
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CathS, Aux Enfants Terrible gets a very mixed reports - glad to hear you've enjoyed it Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OK, my favourites, based on over 20 years of visiting the resort, are in order of where I go most often:

Chalet Pre st Espirit, Good open fire when its cold and nice terrace when its hot - and the food is very good value
Arpette - big self service and a rather idiosyncratic table served area
Cordee - excellent plat d'Jour and steak tatare. If this is full, as it often is with English, then the hotel at the other side of the piste is equally as good.
Rocky Mountain in Arc 1600, only 5m from the end of the piste and 50 back to the lift. The best and cheapest burghers in Les Arc
Cairn in Arc 1600, good price, and very friendly staff, but average food, The same could be said for most of the restaurants in 1600

I often stop at the Aux Enfants Terribles for a coffee. Carrying a tray of food upstairs in ski boots is not my idea of fun.
I have not been to the Aguille Grive since the refurbishment.
The two new restaurants are not bad, but do not appear to offer any advantage over the above.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
genepi wrote:
CathS, Aux Enfants Terrible gets a very mixed reports - glad to hear you've enjoyed it Smile

Having not read the Trip Advisor comments before I went out there, and having just picked the place at random on the first day on the slopes, I was amazed to see that it had a few bad reviews. I guess some people are just very fussy (or fussier than me anyway) or hyper-sensitive to the behavior of the restaurant staff, to the extent that it wrecks their entire holiday if they get a single gruff Gallic shrug.

I thought it was a great place; big portions of good food, loads of choice, good value, lovely atmosphere and nice and quick to get food via the self-service counter (I hate faffing around waiting for orders to get taken at table-service places).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CathS, how do you know the service is poor (ie possibly more than a single shrug) if you go to the self-service area? Nor has anyone said anything about their holiday being ruined.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for Rocky Mountain in Arc 1600
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone, heading out on the 5th and trying to experience everything that I haven't already! Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cough..... Shocked Shocked

La Ferme Villarogier....No one mentions this? Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller, I've a feeling La Ferme is going to be a muddy walk by week of the 5th! Rather looks like we need to condition ourselves to enjoying a bit of a slushfest for that and the following week...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
la Cordee just above Plan Peisey is excellent
snow report
Val Desire wrote:
What's expensive?

Belliou La Fumee isn't the cheapest (20 odd euro a main), but the food and ambience are near perfect.

+1 from me. Interesting building and decor too. The desserts less good than the mains I felt.
snow report
Arctic Roll wrote:
thefatcontroller, I've a feeling La Ferme is going to be a muddy walk by week of the 5th! Rather looks like we need to condition ourselves to enjoying a bit of a slushfest for that and the following week...

Always remember,the worst day on the slopes is still better than the best day in work. wink
snow report
johnE, 2 new restaurants? Do tell! We have let our place for the full season this year and haven't skied in Les Arcs since last Easter...
We like the Solliet on the way down from Aiguille Rouge to Villaroger.
We have an ongoing Mousse au Chocolat rating system started by my daughter at age 12 and the winner is still...Arpette. And she has tried all of them.... Shock she's 22 now
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy