Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ADH 15th-22nd march

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
TO - Skiworld

Chalet Artemis

Flight- Gatwick/Grenoble

About £1200 for two inc passes and ski carriage

Our second time in ADH. Last time was poor snow as well, (jan 2010), but once again we had a great holiday.
Chalet Artemis is a small 4 bedroom chalet, but was comfy and clean and well run by our host, Sarah (thankyou). It is well situated just down the street from the excellent church (well worth a visit), and is about 50m from a chair over to Bergers or a bucket to the top of of town.
Skiworld were again for us excellent. For the price, we have never had a complaint to make and we've been away with them at least half a dozen times now.
The snow was icy and hard early in the day, reached a perfect texture about 11-11.30am, and then softened up fast on all busy pistes, but Mrs thecramps and I everyday found plenty of places that were quiet, and so while soft were not cut up. Earlier in the week getting over to Oz made for good skiing, later in the week across towards Vaujany proved good.
Sarenne was hopelessly rubbish lower down, and if like us you use your own skis/board avoid it unless they get a very significant dump low down, it is full of stones.
We checked out Le Tunnel three times, but it was closed each time, although we do know it was open at times. Although the snow wasn't great we were doing about 30 miles of skiing each day (snowtrax) and found it fairly easy to avoid crowds.
We had bright warm sunshine everyday, and whilst it screwed the snow, it was our first ski trip in 2 years that we didn't have any flat light or blizzards to ski through. We did though use about 2 gallons of sunblock.

If you are going to ADH anytime soon, I doubt there will be much skiing below 1800, the rain and warm weather has wrecked the snow base, but, if you stay high it may last out the season if the weather cools and they get a bit more snow.
We did a little of piste, but it was pretty cruddy/icey so wasn't great.

All in all, a good trip, Mrs thecramps had a well deserved break, our fellow chalet guests were great and it was fare fare better than being at work.

PS. I must mention Micheal, a fellow guest. He is well into his seventies, had a stroke 10 years ago, but was out everyday, we even met him on the Sarenne. A lovely gentleman and gave me hope I have plenty of skiing left to look forward too.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good TR. will have to go to ADH one day....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy