Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lost

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One White Dot One ski - orange with white spots - 180cm.

Underneath the Panorama Jet Zwieselalm telecabine at Gosau between the second last and last pylon from the top lift station.

Should any sH's be in that area and see it during the Spring thaw and be bothered to tramp up the slope to retrieve it, I'd happily pay postage/courier fee plus a £20 donation to your Christmas party fund to have it back. And my everlasting gratitude, of course.

Said ski was blown/fell out of the outside rack on the cabin on Sunday 16 March. Did rough and vague search in the fog immediately after but not happy with angle of slope and snowpack in fog and pouring rain on a totally unknown mountain/hill. Went back two days later in sunshine and still not happy with thin snowpack which had a few cracks and base gaps appearing on a couple of rollovers at the site.

Notified lifties and ticket office at the time and have emailed mountain management and asked if they might be able to help. We'll see - I'm sure they have more important things to worry about.

Sod's law - it has to be the flattest, lowest ski area I've ever slid down and being this year, it had minimal to no snow. Where the ski disappeared isn't even that steep...grrr
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad hope you get reunited
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sad

One of my skis fell out of the Zwolferkogel bubble rack, luckily as it exited midstation rather than any later. Told the liftie and was reunited within ten minutes thankfully. Hope you get sorted too
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
can you claim off your insurance?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you don't get re-united then drop me a PM and I'll see if we can find a single ski for you, it would be used and pre-drilled, but it's better than throwing the remaining one in the bin.

Of course then you wouldn't benefit from our 'made as a pair' production process, so maybe you should just let the insurance get you a new pair.

And you would still need new bindings, so maybe the idea really is a non starter.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for suggestions.

Especially Midgetbiker - now there's an example of truly excellent follow-up customer service you don't see much of these days. Sadly, I think you're right re bindings match-up etc... so why do skis and bindings always have to come in pairs, eh? Discuss.

Yes - am checking the insurance angle.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can probably claim it on the resorts insurance...

A lifty damaged my ski at Stubai last season (took it out of the rack, turned it around and rammed it back in), and ripped some of the top sheet off. I sent them a couple of photos in the hope of getting a few beer vouchers or something, but they put me in contact with their insurance company who paid out the whole cost of the (still totally usable!) ski!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy