Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Corbier school trip - suitable resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
School are planning a trip next year, last week of the season for 9/10 year olds.

I have checked the hotel, it is OK, bit basic and known to have groups staying, but there is lots of differing advice on the resort itself. Commentsl like it is extremely busy and dangerous, to narrow runs or good for families and safe! I know everyone will have their own opinion, but from experienced skiers, I would welcome your thoughts.

Daughter who will be 10 when trip is, can hold her own skiing and we will probably have had a week in Feb then too, but I'm concerned for a few reasons and know from experience that some resorts may just not be suitable or safe for a group of youngsters.

It would be in Easter Holidays and not sure if the snow is particularly good either at that time.

School are having a meeting about it shortly and I would be interested to know what you would ask and what you would be worried about.

Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went there on a schools ski trip when I was 12 and the last time I checked I'm still alive. Admittedly it was about 30 years ago so I can't comment on how busy it might be these days. Maybe you should head out there for a pre-booking recce?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice idea rogg, but we are not long back from elsewhere! Wondr if I could persuade my other half!? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
K8T, I haven't been there for a couple of years but I can't think why it would be unsafe.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not the prettiest of places but I'd suggest it was an good choice:

Yes, the area in front of the resort can be busy - but so can many places.

If they were few with much experience then I'd go down the road to Albiez-Montrond instead but you might get a few complaints from the teachers!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Took my then 12 year old daughter there and I'd say it was very suitable for a school trip. Loads of flattering runs, all lead back to resort - big area and late in season will be warmer for the younger children, although snow could suffer a bit. Is it with Rocket Ski or there schools company Equity.....if so that is where we stayed and it is a good place for a school group?
Only question I have is re. the ages of the kids - 9/10 year olds are quite young for a week away minus parents.
Most school trips involve last year primary kids or secondary children - as are that more mature.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It'll be fine, at least they're not taking the kids to Scotland rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

some resorts may just not be suitable or safe for a group of youngsters.

But they'll be in lessons, presumably, and constantly supervised? They're not likely to let a bunch of 9 year old ski around on their own getting into trouble.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The school groups I've seen out and about in any of the areas during my last few holidays have been very well chaperoned. The only time when there seemed to be any difficulty was when we chose the wrong restaurant and it was descended on by 40 kids (plus their instructors and teachers) who all wanted chips to go with the packed lunches they had! It was mayhem, but not unsafe.

We bumped into a boy who lives across the road who was on the same school trip (we didn't know he was going to the same area as us).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
Quote:

some resorts may just not be suitable or safe for a group of youngsters.

But they'll be in lessons, presumably, and constantly supervised? They're not likely to let a bunch of 9 year old ski around on their own getting into trouble.

Is any resort safe?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks

She is off on Saturday, having just come back from a week in Austria and skiing like a demon - she is probably the dangerous one!

Seriously, it was good to hear that a few people had come across groups of children there with no problems and yes with Equity who used to be Ski plan I believe.

Yes there are two year groups, 5 and 6 ( 9 - 11 year olds), which is young, just glad we got a week before to get her back up to speed on kit etc., They are in lessons with Esf and having had previous experience of them - where they lost her - I won't hold my breath, especially as the last week of the season.

Hammerite, I believe on the Friday that is on the agenda too!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy