Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which is the most aggressive ski resort.

Poster: A snowHead
So which is the most aggressive resort folk have skied in? I usually ski in EK, went down to Paradiski yesterday and felt like a hooligan (I'm in my 50s, with lots of snow time). I always thought that EK was an aggressive place to ski, but what passes for normal behaviour here seems out of place in La Plagne. Anywhere more aggressive apart for the language meted out to any unfortunate joining the wring line in Glencoe?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ischgl at new year. The Russians had invaded. They will be having a referendum next whether it should become part of mother Russia.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Aggressive in what way? People's ski ability, or attitude?

I was amazed at how many selfish pricks there are in the Dolomites who ignore other people who quite clearly need some help getting up after falling over, or getting down a piste that was harder than expected. Watched a group of 7 or 8 clearly half-decent skiers just waltz past a woman in her 50's who (alone) was repeatedly struggling to get up. I don't understand why you wouldn't stop and help? Also the Italian tourists are predictably exuberant when shoving to the front of lift lines. Not at all aggressive (didn't bother me at all), just unthinking.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
clarky999, in the Sella Ronda I had someone literally push me out of the way to get into the lift station. He seemed completely oblivious to my existence.

Personally the worst standard of skiing and general consideration I've seen has to be in Andorra. After a couple of days I was having to shadow Mrs MP just to fend off people travelling too fast, out of control, and into other people on the mountain. This seemed to be a cultural choice, as when called on it people just shrugged like it was me who was out of line.

I've never found EK to be in any way aggressive, not compared to Andorra anyhow.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Anton........ AKA "Cock City".
Especially Brits with kids who expect to queue jump just because one of their group (of 5/6) has gotten ahead in the lift queue.
AND ..... Germans on touring kit who try to push past one by one at the slower 2-man lifts out of Stuben. (Got into a lady's front bottom-smacking-mode there last season)
OR......... teenage pillocks who trample on your skis then tell you it's your fault for being behind them. (Zurs, of all places)
BUT........ worst of all, those selfish enough to jump in front of you, knock your wife out of the way, just so they can get their skis on the Post Bus before your self. ( I waited till this twasserk had got on the bus, then off-loaded his skis before the bus took off, and pointed out where his skis were as the bus actually took off).
Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

BUT........ worst of all, those selfish enough to jump in front of you, knock your wife out of the way, just so they can get their skis on the Post Bus before your self. ( I waited till this twasserk had got on the bus, then off-loaded his skis before the bus took off, and pointed out where his skis were as the bus actually took off).

snowHead snowHead snowHead

The simple pleasures in life are some of the best.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can really get St Anton being 'Cock City' because it is, but the anecdote about offloading a stranger's skis from a bus seems a bit perverse in a thread that's critiquing other people's cockiness. Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
moffatross, True but it made me chuckle.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimastaaah, lLegend Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimastaaah wrote:
Got into a lady's front bottom-smacking-mode there last season

WTF is that supposed to mean?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof, ................. The MODERATORS got onto my original version.................... Sounds rather like the indefinite article of "twit". wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 20-03-14 22:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
moffatross, ........... I hold my hand up as the original cockycock.

On second thoughts I should have off-loaded his skis at Zurs, then told him at Alpe Rauz, that I'd left one of them back in Lech. snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimastaaah, are you saying that you got in a fight with a German in a queue, got your skis trampled on by a kid who was in front of you in the lift queue(?), and threw a guys skis off the bus before gloating?
Shocked
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Huh. I was going to say, "La Grave or Jackson Hole or Squaw Valley," but then I realized you were talking about something entirely different...!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimastaaah wrote:
davidof, ................. The MODERATORS got onto my original version.................... Sounds rather like the indefinite article of "twit". wink

ah, otherwise it sounds like some pretty weird perversion
snow report
If you want to be abused - go skiing in China, you won't be disappointed.
latest report
dode wrote:
skimastaaah, are you saying that you got in a fight with a German in a queue, got your skis trampled on by a kid who was in front of you in the lift queue(?), and threw a guys skis off the bus before gloating?
Shocked

I've done much worse!! Toofy Grin
latest report
Good grief, anybody who considers any ski resort "aggressive" has led a sheltered life. Oh woe is me, someone stood on my skis in a lift queue. Some German children jumped the queue. That's psychotherapy sessions for life then.
snow conditions
dogwatch wrote:
Good grief, anybody who considers any ski resort "aggressive" has led a sheltered life. Oh woe is me, someone stood on my skis in a lift queue. Some German children jumped the queue. That's psychotherapy sessions for life then.

first world problems!
latest report
I find that it is important to let most of the annoying things that others do in ski resorts wash over me, otherwise, much like driving in London, you'd end up in a fight every two minutes.

That said, it continues to take my breath away how so many well-to-do skiers persistently push in and push along in ski queues and get quite defensive when they get pulled up on it.

I did a social experiment one year with some friends where I did annoying things to observe people's reactions and also reacted to other people's annoying acts. Unsurprisingly I found that people can't cope with their own bad behaviour nor with mine and that the best strategy was simply to ignore everyone else's bad behaviour and not behave badly myself.

The principal conclusion was that people can't cope with polite confrontation whether they're in the right, or in the wrong.

Weird place planet earth and of course I am weird within it...
ski holidays
skimastaaah wrote:
St Anton........ AKA "Cock City".

St Manton
ski holidays
The most aggressive resorts I've been to are, in order.

1. The Schreien Mann Glacier
2. Le Trois Vallées en Colère
3. Mt. Bastardface, VA
latest report
dogwatch, by aggressive I am talking about people crashing into others at speed, cutting people up and causing falls. That is aggressive enough for me thanks.
ski holidays
PdS is the only resort where I've actually been impacted by someone wearing an ESF jacket (on a cat track going at the speed of the traffic), by a snowboarder (on a cat track going the speed to the traffic, but I appreciate it's harder for boarders to maintain momentum), and by a snowboarder (who hurt himself, whilst trying to maintain momentum to go round the back to one queue to get to another lift queue, well either that or he was just coming in way too hot for that first queue).

Zillertal is the only one where a **** skied up behind me at the entrance to a lift and forced me thru the closing gate at the entrance to a chairlift, exclaiming "Thru you go, mate!". Zero queue apart from me, the pillock, and his 3 mates. Don't call me "mate", cos I'm not your mate! Brits are the rudest imho, along with French teenagers that have learned to smoke and just get in the way in the lift queue.

Sella Ronda is the only place where an (Eastern European) guy politely asked me if I could accompany one of his 2 kids on a 2-man chair. Seen a few idiots, but no worse than any where else imho.
snow conditions
Richard_Sideways wrote:

3. Mt. Bastardface, VA

Excellent.
ski holidays
Have to agree that this thread is bizarre Madeye-Smiley

Can we please have a "Daily Mail" forum for all "Other skiers are inconsiderate/out-of-control/generally-ghastly-people", "Going 1cm off-piste will kill you", and "Something terrible would have happened if I/he/she wasn't wearing a helmet" topics?

Pretty please?
ski holidays
Does Kicking Horse count as aggressive? rolling eyes
ski holidays
Mistress Panda wrote:
dogwatch, by aggressive I am talking about people crashing into others at speed, cutting people up and causing falls. That is aggressive enough for me thanks.

That's behaviour that is stupid, thoughtless or selfish. But not aggressive.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Can we please have a "Daily Mail" forum for all "Other skiers are inconsiderate/out-of-control/generally-ghastly-people", "Going 1cm off-piste will kill you", and "Something terrible would have happened if I/he/she wasn't wearing a helmet" topics?

xyzpaul, try snowheads.com for that sort of drivle Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Actually in starting this thread I was only trying to look at comparisons between the general pace of skiing and attitude of life in different resorts. In my experience as in life in general no resort; no town; no road; and no profession is immune to the presence of odd unpleasant and disrespectful individual. However, if you move from one resort to another it can take a little time to adopt the local 'culture' - see the odd lost soul from the south of England turning up at a Scottish station in their pristine white ski ensemble.
snow report
I tend to waft around in a little bubble of happiness when skiing and never really notice much bad behaviour. I have to say, Glencoe sounds a peculiarly aggressive and unfriendly place but then I can't say I have ever been there (and I'm extremely unlikely ever to go).
latest report
foxtrotzulu wrote:
I tend to waft around in a little bubble of happiness when skiing and never really notice much bad behaviour. I have to say, Glencoe sounds a peculiarly aggressive and unfriendly place but then I can't say I have ever been there (and I'm extremely unlikely ever to go).

it's fine when haggis_trap isn't around Wink
snow conditions
I was truly shocked by the pushing forward, and general aggression of ski lift queues in Bavaria and Austria when I skied there in the 1980`s but since then I have never found queues too much of a problem. Experience I guess? I don`t remember there being any issues in the 70`s at all, but then I was very young! I don`t think the Pyranees or other areas of the Alps I have skied are any worse or better.

I learned to be very space defensive when my children were small and I felt the (short lived because they soon learnt) need to protect them in lift queues. I am not sure I could say any one ski resort is worse than another for lift queue type aggression, it seems to be more a factor of how busy a lift is and how long the queue is.

On the slopes, again I would say it is a function of how busy an area is as to how many near misses or instances of unpleasantness there are.
latest report
Quote:

why do you think Glencoe is aggressive
snow report
Because it's full of buckfast-addled jocks?
ski holidays
I push in- if you feckers won't fill a chair/ gondola etc then I will. Miraculously I can survive 5mins without sitting next to one of my group
latest report
Nadenoodlee,

+1 to that!
snow report
foxtrotzulu wrote:
I tend to waft around in a little bubble of happiness when skiing and never really notice much bad behaviour

Absolutely this! You get a few pushy people in busy lift queues sometimes, but I'm too busy enjoying my holiday to get het up about it.
snow report
Hemel at half term. Packs of feral children.
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, me too if filling up a chair, without bumping someone off, particularly when it's busy is aggressive, that's tough, it drives me mad when you see people not filling chairs when everyone has been queuing for 5-10 mins . Not everyone has the time or funds to waste time standing in a que.
Aggressive skiing is another matter, L2A being the worst for me, lots of uncontrolled skiers and boarders not having respect for others. Andorra also seems to have a high percentage of early learners that want to straight line down the mountain out of control Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy