Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel La foret to Grizzly lift - Vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if it is possible to ski from Hotel La Foret over to Grizzly lift
The maps look like Foret is a bit lower than Grizzly so maybe i have to go down to Vallandry lift but I have a vague recollection there was a path that leads over to grizzly that we could just about follow
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gwatts10, Foret drops in below Grizzly lift and you'd have to hike up hill to get to it - that's assuming hotel is on Foret of course.

I think you'd have to go down to Vallandry lift, whcih to all intents and purposes takes you to the same place as Grizzly - benefit of Grizzly is at peak times in morning when there is hardly any q, but q at Vallandry can be avoided by an early start or having an extra coffee.

Coming back to Vallandry you can either use Foret or take split to Liason Grizzly which will take you to Grizzly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you get desperate, the free little bus will take you round from that side of this hill up to grizzly
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
But would almost certainly be quicker to wait and get on Vallandry lift
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agreed , I thought it dropped down a but too low , but we can always see the queue and take a decision to hike for a 2 minutes to avoid the queue or just go down and join it
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think Boris is right, Ski Olympic / Chalethotel La Foret is at the end of La Foret trail, but after the split between it and Liaison Grizzly. So you come out just above Vallandry lift but significantly below Grizzly lift. Pity, as Vallandry queues are usually longer than Grizzly.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^^ what bobski62 said is right. Just avoid ski school times and it should be fine.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here's a sneaky tip for school holidays: when coming down xxxxx Aigle always take the piste's left fork as you approach the lift station, crossing under the chairlift cables. The queue on that side is always significantly shorter than the other...

Could that be considered ever-so-slightly "Italian"?

No such option on Vallandry.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 21-03-14 14:40; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bobski62, Don't you mean Aigle?

I thought that was the run which dropped you straight onto Grizzly, with Morey heading over more to join Foret?

Post morning rush, neverhad to queue at either Grizzly or Vallandry as everyone rushed over to Arc Bowl and ignored all the good tree skiing above Vallandry
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Because they are all waiting in that mega queue at Plan Bois?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oops. You're completely right Boris, Aigle.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy