Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 valleys escapade - latest 'snow safe' dates?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I'm looking to do the 3 valleys escapade this season. I was wondering how late I could leave but still be reasonably sure of all the lifts being open?

These are the weeks I'm looking at:
22nd-29th March
29th-5th March/April
5th-12th April

I've never done late season before so would welcome your expertise!

Many thanks,

mnbv
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why do you need ALL lifts to be open?

There are flippin loads of them there...what you need is for ENOUGH lifts to be open.

The question is when do they close?

The answer is after Easter, and Easter is late this year, later than any of the dates you have listed.

So any of those dates and you will have more lifts than you are ever going to need.

It has been a pretty good year for snow (after a late start) and you are going to have plenty of that too. Of course if it stays warm it may be slushy, but it is slushy already.
Last year it was near midwinter powder conditions at the very end of April.

Just go....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm out 29th-5th, expecting everything open, but slushy and puddly in the afternoons. It's great fun but totally different to a jan holiday, more like a beach hol crossed with a traditional ski hol, you can sunbathe at lunchtime Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rungsp, you've really rather missed the point, there. He's asking if the 18 specific Escapade lifts are open, not if every lift in the 3Vs is open. He asked the same question early season when the answer is no; 4 or 5 of them don't open until late December/January.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mnbv, for the dates you've mentioned, all the lifts required for the Escapade should still be open. Depending what route you take though, you may have a problem with a couple of the pistes.

If I assume you're going to use the route I posted a couple of years ago, then it's likely that Verdet (the Blue from Olympic to St Martin) will be shut as it gets thin late season. If you take Roc de Fer (was Grand Duc) Blue to the Cherferie drag and then go down Jerusalem you'll end up in the same place and it will only cost you 5-10 mins. There's a fair chance that the last 50m of Tetras to the Plan de l'Eau lift in VT will be grass, but they usually still keep the lift open so you'll just have to walk it. The Boulevard de Cumin between VT and LM may be very damp and need a lot of poling. Everywhere else should be ok and the lifts shut later so you've got a full 8 hours to do it.

I don't know if you're looking at routes on latania.co.uk but I wouldn't recommend the latest one as it includes 3 off-piste sections. One of those is the Lac de Lou itinerary off the top of La Masse which by late March is often grass two-thirds of the way down.

I saw elsewhere, you're looking for accommodation? My apartment in LT is available for 2 of the suggested weeks if you're interested. Ski-in/out in LT and I'll do you a cheap deal if you PM me - much better than BlB that you were asking about!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Raceplate, my bad....must read the question more carefully!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Raceplate, interesting that you mention that the last 50 metres of Tetras in VT might be grass. Being in VT I'd assumed it was quite high (2000m?) and was fairly snow sure?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have you an apartment to rent in LT Raceplate , we are looking for 5th april week ? Nigel
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Handy Turnip wrote:
Raceplate, interesting that you mention that the last 50 metres of Tetras in VT might be grass. Being in VT I'd assumed it was quite high (2000m?) and was fairly snow sure?
It is, but that particular bit of piste is the very lowest part of VT at about 1800m and catches the sun. Most people taking Tetras are going to the Boulevard to LM so they keep the snow cover on that section; the little offshoot that goes to Plan de l'Eau gets ignored. There's a red that goes to Plan de l'Eau also and that's the way most people go so it takes priority IME.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nk4seasons, hi Nigel. Yes, that week's available. Can you PM me an email address and I'll send you some details?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nigelkennedy51@hotmail.com
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Raceplate, careful - I think he's on the fiddle Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Raceplate wrote:
It is, but that particular bit of piste is the very lowest part of VT at about 1800m and catches the sun. Most people taking Tetras are going to the Boulevard to LM so they keep the snow cover on that section; the little offshoot that goes to Plan de l'Eau gets ignored. There's a red that goes to Plan de l'Eau also and that's the way most people go so it takes priority IME.

Cheers Raceplate for the explanation, I was just curious! I'm off to VT in a week's time - can't wait!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy