Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head vector 110 boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

At the ski resort now and have bought a pair of the above, feel really good on but im a bit confused on The flex tuning and the rear spoiler.

I feel that i am leaning back slightly as i can feel the boot touching the back of my calf but does the spoiler make this problem worse? Embarassed

Im a class 2 skier that is parallel turning.

Thanks ski chums
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If the boot is digging in your calf, spoiler will definitely make it worse, remove it then see if it's better.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flex tuning= remove one bolt boot becomes softer in flex
spoiler could be pushing you too far forward which will cause your body to compensate by leaning back
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
glisser, I don't know about the men's vector boots, but in the women's model (though I will admit to a plump lower leg Embarassed ) I find that I am quite uncomfortable across the back of the lower leg if I accidently get them overly tight by one buckle link. I don't find that the gullet in the back is overly wide in the ladies model, but if I get the buckles right then I am fine. The ladies boot is quite an advanced model in the Head ladies range and I think you will be aware of the stiffness which might mean you are being held in the boot in a different way to other boots. I found that they really felt snug around the lower leg from top to bottom of the boot height and they hold my leg much more firmly than my previous boots. If you have gone from sloppy hire boots or old beginners boots to them you may be feeling similar things in the men's boot to what I found with the ladies ones.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I moved the spoiler up to the top and tightend the calf buckles up this morning and found a big difference, i think what was happening was that the spoiler in fact was lifting the front of the ski up even though i was leaning forward and this is what accelerated the skis in the turn, and so i panic and lean back even more.

Enjoyed it today, although in valmeinier its super hot, snows starting to melt Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy