Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania 5th April 2014

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I am thinking of booking a family holiday in La Tania for a week from 5th April 2014, can I have your thoughts on the skiing conditions at that time of year also any reviews of la Tania would be helpful - thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HI,

We went that week last year and are going back for the same week this year. La Tania was perfect for us and our son's first ski trip (where he actually skied) at 5.
We were obviously very lucky with the snow last year and looks like it will be fine for us again this year. Nice small resort but great links up to Courcheval so plenty for us to ski in the time our son was in lessons.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, same here as George06. We had a great week last year and had no hesitation in booking same for this year.

Visibility was a problem on 1 or 2 days, but not bad enough to prevent us from ski-ing.

Staying at Grand Bois apartments again, which are cheap but cheerful and (just about) ski in/ski out.

Made it to Meribel and Courcheval last time and hoping to get to Val Thorens as well this year.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The runs down to La Tania are very shady, through the trees - so hold the snow very well.

We skied the last day of the 3 Vallees season last winter (26th April IIRC) with scorching temperatures of 22c(!!) at 1600m - and were surprised at just how good the runs to La Tania were. Soft snow but not too slushy at all and great fun.

At the bottom, the run to the gondola was narrow where it went through the streets - but was still skiable.

Higher up there was total snow cover - so I reckon that you'd be absolutely fine for a 5th April holiday. Anyway, it's cooling down with snow forecast aross the Alps this weekend Very Happy.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thank all for your help - its looking like a go x
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy