Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste conditions in SkiWelt

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Going to the SkiWelt this Saturday 15th March for a week and we are based in Soll.

I was really looking forward to it but now that the weather is so warm I am really fretting about the conditions of the pistes and was wondering if it is not worth getting a whole week skipass and ski hire?

What are the conditions at the moment and how are the pistes holding up?

I am very worried!!!

Moonshine
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
According to the SkiWelt website 226km of pistes are open. I'd consider that ample reason to need a lift pass. What more do you need?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am in Ellmau right now. There are some holes and some closed pistes but in general if you get up early there is really good piste skiing across most of the SkiWelt until around lunchtime when it starts getting slushy. Sun is warm though, very warm - bring sun cream!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just go to the Skiwelt website, and look up the min and max elevation of the area.
Then you understand immediately that this must be one of the most snowsure areas in Austria.
Especially towards the end of season, mid-march and beyond.

So why worry? rolling eyes

Being in the mountains is wonderful, in winter and summer.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 13-03-14 6:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Even most of the valley descents are open. Not the one to Brixen though (picture from a recent trip report on Alpinforum)

They still have some snow depots available. With the current and forecast temperatures (in the 20's) this is melting FAST though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There is plenty of km in skiwelt for the week even if half of it is closed. Don't fret just enjoy what is there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Conditions in Soll are still great at the moment!! It's mostly north-facing, so hasn;t been hit as hard as the Brixen side, above. Make sure you get up to the Middlestation on Saturday when you arrive- there's a big local charity rope race on, and the slopes will be turned green for the Saturday nightskiing for St Patricks Day. I've posted the agenda for the week on a differnt thread- it's going to be a GREAT week in Soll!! Stop fretting lol. Might see you around Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last week in Soll: The faraway valleys are green, but the pistes are white wink

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Humpfknick, thank you so much for putting my mind to rest.

Yes we are hoping to get to Soll for the afternoon and get ski Hire and lift passes sorted. Looking forward to it now.
Just hoping now that the slopes will last all week next week while we are there. It certainly looks good on your pictures.

Looking forward to see the slopes turned green for St. Patricks day.

Very Happy
moonshine Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've never skied slush in a white-out before! Looking forward to sunshine tomorrow Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Piste conditions in SkiWelt, March 18th 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=754368887906855
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Current conditions in Soll. Not much wrong with this!! Happy

Moonshine I hope you enjoyed Paddy's Day- here's a pic of the Greening from Friday- unfortunately it had to be cancelled because of the high winds- pity!!

And the parade, lol!! Great fun:

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
According to the SkiWelt website 226km of pistes are open. I'd consider that ample reason to need a lift pass

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice dump last night!! Happy

latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Soll at the moment:

latest report
Humpfknick,

Enjoyed Paddy's Day in Soll and a friend joined the parade on the piste. Yes, it was fun and everyone was in good spirits.

When we got to Soll the Lift were closed in the afternoon due to high winds and wasn't able to ski in the afternoon when we arrived in resort.

We had a good week in Soll even the snow was slushy and it was very warm in the day. Credit to the SkiWelt team for managing the conditions so well.

I love the new photos you have posted with new snow . Wish we had that much snow when we were there but hey ho we did enjoy our stay and hoping to come back next season.

Moonshine Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Ah great!! Delighted you enjoyed! Yes it was such a pity about the winds on Saturday. There was mass panic because we'd finished the rope race & everyone came down to change boots etc, and then they turned the gondel off!! So we had to get taxis back up again, was funny in the end- we got 13 people in the taxi- I don't know how it made it back up!

Paddy's day was great too- the weather was fabulous!! The snow was really feeling the sunshine though... At least there's been one last dump before the lifts close, and hopefully that's the bad snow season out of the way for another few years!! Fingers crossed for plenty of snow all season next year wink
snow conditions
Humpfknick,

Enjoy the last days on the piste. Wish I could have stayed longer but have to work to pay for next season holiday.

What do you do in Soll when Ski season is over? Do you live in Soll?

Moonshine Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
moonshine, no I don't live in Soll full-time (yet!) but my boyfriend does so I come over and back as often as possible. The more time I spend here the more I love it though, it's an amazing place!! And it's so beautiful in summer too, very Heidi-esque wink
snow report
Is this still the last weekend or has recent snow falls led to a reprieve?
ski holidays
No it's still the last weekend, lifts close on Sunday! Time to get the touring skis out & (possibly) begin to think about returning to some kind of normality wink I've just heard that apparently this has been the second warmest winter in 250 years, so hopefully this seasons warm conditions won;t be repeated anytime soon!
ski holidays
Skiied the Ski Welte on Wednesday. Got to say what a waste of snow closing on Sunday. The conditions were awesome.

Kirchberg on Thursday was the same. At least they are due to stay open for another four weeks or so on part of the mountain. Hopefully Steinbergkogel area, but more likely just Pass Turn.
latest report
I know!! But I guess it's just not financially viable to keep them running- hence the need to break out the touring skis wink
snow report
Its more to do with the marketing. Ive never in 9 years NOT been able to ski in April. They are just scared to advertise and to continue opening. Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg do it, but to be honest, even then both resorts are like ghost towns.

The skiing this week was the best conditions of the winter. Blue sky`s, hard crisp conditions underfoot. Was skiing up to about 2ish, and only the really bottom runs were getting sugary. As the temperatures are cold at night, they were even snow making on the Maeirl this week. Couldn't believe my eyes when I got on the terrace and saw that.
snow report
Ah I know, I'd love to get into the tourist office & shake it up a little, but running the lifts costs serious money, and they wouldnt recoup the costs of continued opening on new lift ticket sales. It's also just too big of a gamble for the tourist industry- no tourists at the end of season is better than lots of disgruntled tourists baying for refunds if the snow didn't hang around... It's been very quiet since the second week of March so it's a natural wind-down. In fairness this year they made a great effort for St Patricks weekend which was great to see, so hopefully that'll continue to build momentum for next year..! We shall see Wink
snow report
Humpfknick, where are you from in the uk?

I feel a bit sad that the season is over now and have to wait until next year to go skiing again! I know it sound childish but i feel so depressed!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

moonshine
snow conditions
I'm from Dublin, Moonshine! Yes the post-season melancholy is beginning to set in, but I try not to dwell on it! And the sunshine and blue skies are helping wink It's October/November time I find hardest, when the weather is crappy & I'm gnawing my fists waiting for snow, lol! Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy