Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Weekend in Foppolo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, so when we were going I had lots of questions, so just in case anyone has thought about this resort here is what we found.
Flying into Bergamo on a Ryanair flight was not expensive 60 euro return for both of us, and we hired a car with hertz for 90 euro. Foppolo is about an hours drive away if you have little traffic. The drive is interesting to say the least , but well after a while we got used to the other nuts on the road.
The resort itself is small, there are three Areas which I had looked up, Foppolo, san simone, and corona, . Really foppolo and corona are one area, and the snow was great. However the piste maps I had looked up showed two blacks, in Corona and one in Foppolo, but there was no black in Foppolo, actually I wouldn't even say there was a decent red. The runs were quite short too so for a fast skier it would be done very quickly.

corona had a few nice runs, but the lift system was just two lifts, . One was up to a black run. I wouldn't really call it a black, more like a challenging red,
but it had one steep part that might scare new skiers. This lift had to be used to get back to the Foppolo side, . The other lift had a few nice reds but if you took
the longest red back down and wanted to go back up the same lift you had to pole quite a bit,. ( because the lift for the black was in the way and you lost any speed you built up to get along the long straight bit).
However while this makes the area seem like a dead duck, the advantages were that the snow was very good, and there was plenty of off piste, quite a bit untracked which was fun. It was fine for a weekend skiing, and would be excellent if you wanted to bring your children somewhere they could just have fun on slopes that have very few other skiers. They can practice their turns and speed and not have to worry about other learners bombing into them.
Beer and food on the mountain was not expensive.
All in all, it was great for a fun weekend, I would consider going back with our little girls for two days, just so they could have a two day fun break. I wouldn't go back for a couples ski weekend unless I couldn't get flights to suit the time frame we have.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy