Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spring Skiing in Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Chamonix for a few days over the weekend, and having only been in midwinter before I was wondering what the best way to play is in spring conditions, as it looks pretty hot atm. Specifically, how does the sun reach different slopes during the day? For example, on Grands montets, does it hit the point de vue side first and track round to hit lanvancher later on? And on the other side, does the top lift at brevent get the sun first, followed by lachenal bowl etc later on? Realise its a bit of an odd question, but any help would be much appreciated
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't answer any of your questions but i just got back from Chamonix and the weather was glorious up the slopes.Was like being in Spain.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My guess is that the sun will rise in the east before moving to the south and then eventually setting in the west....

But seriously, the sun will be on pretty much every piste in GM by mid morning, having already shined on everything in B/F from sunrise. Will be there myself from Wednesday and will be chasing half decent off piste conditions about all day - probably starting days in B/F before de-camping to GM or touring over to the Northern side of the Aiguilles Rouges by lunchtime, then in all likelihood finishing days early.

If you get google earth you can also have a look at what the sun is hitting at what time of day (specific to time of year etc...)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, I've been in Chamonix for over 5 weeks and the sun will be on B/F for the whole day (providing it's clear) and whenever I get to GM around 10am, the sun is on the majority of the pistes.

It is ridiculously hot here right now, was 7 degrees going up on the Bochard gondola today! I wore a t-shirt for most of the day. Only downside is it hasn't snowed for a week and the pistes are getting bare and the moguls are large and rock solid! Isn't due to snow for another week so off-piste isn't too great at the moment!

Breakfast Chimp, I don't know what extent you go to get off-piste and tour but the best place I've been is top of Grands Montets still, found powder today still but it's rare! Any well-tracked off-pistes have turned to moguls.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Put it this way I'm not expecting to find much powder...I'll be hunting corn snow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers guys-brevent mornings and gm afternoons could be the way to go by the sound of it-quite interested to see how the top half of gm has changed from the powder field i remember from january to a mogulfest-with a bit of luck ill be able to find some good spring snow at least. To be fair its crazy hot here too- short and tshirt weather watching the 6 nations in a beer garden in leeds...that was 9th March?!!!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i think the weather is supposed to turn over the weekend so its a total guess as to what you'll receive when you get here!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hollando, To be honest, don't think moving mountains is worth it unless you normally take an hour lunch break in your day. GM has enough sun on it in the mornings for it to be worthwhile!

eddiethebus, that is great news if so! Haven't seen any forecasts showing snow though? You got an informant? wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy