Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stay away from Ski.com

Poster: A snowHead
Using Ski.com became a true disappointment to my family and me when we were getting ready to go on our vacation trip to Colorado. Two days before our flight, the city of Atlanta got slammed with a snowstorm! Delta cancelled all the flights, and we were able to get a full refund on our flight - which is normally considered a "no refund" ticket. I did not expect to receive a full refund for our rather expensive trip from Ski.com, but I did expect that since the reason for our cancelled trip was nothing we could control, we would be able to change the date of our trip or they would at the very least give us a percentage of our money back. It seems nothing is more important to Ski.com than taking your money. I cannot and would not recommend using Ski.com for any trip because they have shown no compassion and even refuse to acknowledge an uncontrollable act of nature.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Travel insurance?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's hardly Ski.com's fault, that's partly what travel insurance is for Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Insurance, not the operators fault
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If the OP was heading to the States with no travel insurance it could have become an extra expensive trip if they'd had even relatively minor injuries.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, UpsetSkier's Travel Insurance policy may not cover this.
Some have a Natural Disaster clause, and some will not pay out for failure to reach hotel due to airline failure.
it all depends on the precise policy wording, which many of us don't read until we actually have to make a claim.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a sense the OP is American otherwise why would they be using Atlanta
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From Ski.com FAQ's
Quote:

Do you offer travel insurance and what does it cover?
We not only offer travel insurance, we strongly recommend it. Since certain components of your packages are totally non refundable at a certain point prior to travel, having insurance may be the only way you can receive money back should a cancellation or delay be necessary due to illness or weather. For full details of coverage, see our All Seasons Travel Insurance Plan for ski vacations.

So you were warned! Hardly their fault.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx, you might well be right about that (use of "vacation" is another clue). Wasn't abc, in another context, recently talking about how Americans don't use travel insurance as much as we do in Europe?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mind you, lots of Snowheads thought they had a right to compensation from the hotel in Arabba because weather stopped them getting there for the Birthday Bash - and what's more, they got it too. But the circumstances were rather different - repeat business, and all that.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, Atlanta is the main hub for Delta, I have changed flights there lots of times.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hmmm

http://www.newschoolers.com/ns/forums/readthread/thread_id/777435/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Even less sympathy over there Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
Mind you, lots of Snowheads thought they had a right to compensation from the hotel in Arabba because weather stopped them getting there for the Birthday Bash - and what's more, they got it too. But the circumstances were rather different - repeat business, and all that.

Not only got a refund, but all S10BB attendees get 10% off S11BB based on this years price. Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I literally laughed out loud at this comment on Newschoolers! Very Happy

"My parents run ski.com. I've been begging to go to windelss for the last few years. My dad has said we couldn't afford it especially this year and shot down every one of my pleas up until a couple weeks ago. A few days after that storm he said "You still wanna go to ski camp" I was like OMG OMG YEAH!

I guess that money really came in handy. Sorry your ski trip didn't work out but look at it as paying it forward to a kid that really wanted to go to camp. I'll hit some grindrails for you!"
snow report
Touchguru, Laughing priceless!
snow conditions
You know when someone really stupid comes on here and they are advised to post on TGR! In this case they're so stupid they did it off their own back Happy

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/275357-Stay-away-from-Ski-com
snow conditions
"... that was gods way of telling you to stay the f*ck out of our state"

Laughing Laughing Laughing and some people think we can be harsh on SHs.
ski holidays
pam w, impressed you read down that far snowHead
latest report
Touchguru, Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy