Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine - how busy during half term week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello I'm thinking of taking the family to Morzine February half term in 2015. Can someone advise me who's just returned during this half term to what I can expect.

Thanks all.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Having just returned, I would say the busy-ness will be hugely impacted by:
a) Which other european countries (and sections of France) are on holiday at the same time. This year was REALLY quiet for a Feb half-term.
b) Which slopes you're on. The noticeable queues we found were at the bottom of Les Gets, the Tetes/Troncs/Charnoiz lifts, and Les Lindarets. The new Pleney Gondola was so smooth that there were no (appreciable) queues in the mornings. All other lifts that we took across the PdS had significant queues.

Other than that, remember that Morzine is "low", so the village might not have much snow on the roads and that the final runs back down might be slushy (hence my wife and daughter downloaded on the Gondola each time).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

This year was REALLY quiet for a Feb half-term.

Quote:

All other lifts that we took across the PdS had significant queues.

which has to mean they'd be even worse queues on the average half term? A lot also depends (in some areas) on snow cover. This year because cover was generally very good to low levels in many French areas people were able to spread out. When half term coincides with poor snow cover, obviously, the problem is worse. People seem to think next year will be bad because of the combination of British and French holidays.

Oh - and welcome to snowheads, Oliver8.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the reply jamescollings.
Looks like France will be off the same times as us next year (bad timing) especially as it would be the first time for us as a family, nevermind can't be helped.

Thanks for the greeting pam w.

I think I will be picking up a lot of help from this website.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oliver8, French holidays always coincide with English half terms - theirs are staggered over 4 weeks, so it's not always the same area of France. You can get lots of help from Snowheads; whatever your question, somebody will know the answer. And somebody else will know a different one. wink

Some places are less crowded than others - there have been some enthusiastic reports about Valloire - wasn't too crowded, it seems.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
See learnt something already, I presume the paris region is the dates I should avoid?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome to Snowheads, you must be local to me as I work in Newport. I would also be tempted to consider Easter dependign which French hols week our half terms clash with. Often cheaper than half term.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What would the snow be like in April, would it be too late ?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not too late but plan on skiing in Avoriaz area, which is normally good until mid April at least, so look for chalets that give easy access to Ardent and Prodains cable cars (or Avoriaz itself)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So anywhere near a bus stop, stuart, and bars, of which there are few (any?) open in the evening in Ardent or Prodains...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I found it unbearably crowded, out of season, last week of Jan, this year, and smoggy. Struck me as the Costa del Sol of the Alps Twisted Evil Flame suit on !
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy