Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arlberg : pros and cons of St. Anton, Lech, Zurs and Warth - info pls

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going to the Arlberg over Christmas / New Year but haven't decided exactly where. Went there many years ago but I'm sure it's changed beyond all recognition.

Apart from the cost implications which I am well aware of, what are the pros and cons of the four resorts above. Things like bars, shops but especially connectivity into the ski area as a whole.

I've also added Warth. Is it worth considering now it's connected ? No nothing about this one at all.

Anyone stayed in the Erzberg in Zurs ?

Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you want great skiing and great partying you've got to stay in St Anton. St Anton, St Christoph, Stuben, are all linked by pistes. Zurs and lech and Warth are linked by piste, and they are all quickly accessed by bus from one to the other. You might find Zurs a little quiet, and Lech a little expensive, so I would definitely stay in St Anton.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The only con in my one trip was having to get the bus from St. Anton to Lech and back and the mad scramble for the last T-bar back over to St. Anton at the end of the day. Other than that all good.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
St Anton - great town, lots of hotels and restaurants and chalets and guest houses, full range of prices. Amazing Apres, good links to St Christoph, Stuben. Had a great time skiing there this winter, probably most interesting skiing.
Zurs - Nice above tree line skiing, not really a resort as such, more like a few shops and lots of posh hotels, would imagine expensive. Probably best snow of the lot. Links to Lech however if weather is poor link is often shut.
Lech - exclusive and pricey. Lovely on piste skiing for all abilities, links to Warth and Zurs (weather dependent), very smart traditional Austiran feel.

For me if you fancy some Apres and like to go out and have a good time in the evenings it has to be St Anton.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just a note on the Warth ski area, it is difficult timewise to include in a day's visit and do the "Weiss Ring" fully from St.Anton. Probably better to spread over two separate visits. The Warth ski area consists of a series chair lifts serving a variety of fairly unspectacular runs. There look to be off-piste opportunities to discover for those wanting some new slopes. The village of Warth itself is not particularly attractive.
Don't know whether anybody has noticed, but this season (2013/14) there are no high/low season price differentials on the Arlberg ski pass. Reductions for kids, seniors, etc., still offered.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We recently stayed in St Anton with a car so we did a couple of trips to Lech. We didn't really intend going to Warth, but the queue for the gondola was non existent and the alternative was mobbed so we hopped on. A fantastic days skiing was had, and well worth taking the trip. The terrain was lovely, lots of black runs which were further graded standard or difficult. Lunch was lovely, eventually, but we walked out of the 2 main places as they seemed utterly without character. Found a lovely traditional place off the beaten track just as we were heading back to the gondola to have lunch back in Lech. It was particularly good for my six year old who is straight-lining reds, lots of terrain where he had no option but turn!! We did all but the most difficult runs, and it was probably one of the best days skiing we had that week.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zurs best pistes St anton nicest town / restaurants / apres
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
St Anton on its own is far, far smaller than the typical well known French resort.

Buses to Lech/Zurs/Zug & Sonnenkopf open up a much larger area (all on the same standard lift pass). But the bus connections are a real pain - a lot a time wasted and extreme crowding inside the buses.

I took the bus once to Lech/Zurs, but found it so uncomfortable that I declined the second time the group went and was happy to stay in St Anton.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The terrain is different, too. IME, St Anton - especially the main routes back to the town - is steeper, much busier and much, much icier. That needn't be a problem if you avoid the lower slopes, but it bothers some people. My wife, who's a very good skier and comfortable with black runs, mogul fields and off-piste terrain simple refused to ski the Happy Valley piste and took the gondola down when she needed to go that way. Others in our chalet said they loved nothing better than a steep icy run and did laps of the thing.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We went to St Anton in the week after new year this year. It was still busy. My impression-not a resort of beginners, and very crowded pistes. We did an off piste course, which was great despite the limited snowfall, and the après ski is great.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy