Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are these ski's right for me?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
(logged in on partners account)

I currently have some old Head C270 ski's - they are a bit old now and I have outgrown them. They are not stable enough at speed and are hard work on softer snow or off piste. I rented some longer twin tip ski's which were much wider in Tignes recently and they were fantastic in the powder & soft snow (we had 8" of snow overnight) and I could ski pretty well all day without tired knees! This was a revelation!

I'm now looking at a pair of 2014 Atomic Theory's (186's) which were recommended by Ski Bartletts in Uxbridge (good price on them too).

I like skiing fast and I've skied for 10 years now. Confident skier & happy to ski pretty well anything - though I'm not the tidiest skier!!
I'm a bit lazy in the turns as my knees have both had cartilage ops (one ski accident & one football) - both as good as new but they fatigue more easily now.
I'm 6ft tall and weight around 76Kgs.

Are these the ski's for me? Are they the right length?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No ideas anyone?
I'm worried the 186's are too long for me?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds about right. They have a 15% tip and 10% tail rocker so will feel like a shorter ski. I am a couple of inches shorter than you and a kg lighter and ski a fatter 177 non rockered ski.

Have fun.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i don't think their too long either.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
for someone with dodgy knee cartilage? Edge and wax say this: http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/741807/products/atomic_theory_2014_mens_skis_with_bindings.aspx?gclid=CKfWiIHH_bwCFekBwwodIb8A_w (looks like I can't post a direct link - Click on "Sizing Information")
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
186 is the length I ski with full rocker (182 with tip and tail, though thats a heavier ski), I'm the same weight and height as you I also like to ski fast though both knees are (knock on wood) fine.

I'm sure you will be fine with them, without seeing you ski, 186 is the maximum you would want for a 1 ski quiver (177 is too short). If i were being fussy I'd say 182 ish would be perfect for all types of snow, but you'll get used to whatever you have!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the replies, knees are now all fixed as good as new according to surgeon (& if I did the proper strengthening exercises he'd probably be right!) they just tire a bit faster than the rest of me if I have to do a lot of turns so I need to stop for short rests quite often. If I can ski fast with long turns I can ski for ages with little fatigue.

If I had better technique I could probably do lots of turns without fatigue too, lol! Very Happy

I think I'll probably go for the 186's then - hope I like them! have to wait till next year to find out.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi the ski i'd recommend is the rossignol experience i too like to travel at a fair pace and have just tried them last week in Serre Chavalier I' 5'8" and 80kg so went for the experience 83 on a 168 length......... I 'm buying for next year up til now i've been on a head peak 73 also the ski patrols were on them!

all the best Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I ended up buying the Theory's have to wait till next year to find out how good they are.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Catt66,
the wait would kill me Crying or Very sad
I'd have sneak a long weekend in.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy