Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Skis...would love your input.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all - been lurking here for a bit, but haven't really contributed much. You all seem to know quite a bit so figured i'd ask for some advice. I've read all the reviews...but so many sound the same.

I'm a decent skier, not great. Usually get out 2-3 weeks a year. I can manage my way down anything...it may not be pretty, but i'll get there! I tend to run a few warmups on piste, then spend the rest of the day Off Piste. I stay out of the park, but i like to find jumps elsewhere. I enjoy skiing bumps, but again, i'm not great at them. I guess maybe i'm looking for a "do it all" ski with some forgiveness. Something that holds up well in the crud, powder and piste. I like to just go out there and do a little bit of everything and just have some fun. I currently ski on K2's that are about 8 years old. I do the majority of my skiing in Vermont & Utah (Park City area). Unfortunately, cost does matter for me.

I'm 30 years old, 5'11, and about ~185lbs...i'm in decent shape, still playing hockey after 20 years.

The skis i've been looking at are:

Blizzard: Bonafide & Brahma

K2: Annex 98 & Shreditor 102

Volkl: Mantra & Kendo (But i think these seems to lean more towards Piste)

I'm not set on anything, really open minded about what to get....those are just the skis that seem to have pretty good reviews thus far. I appreciate any and all feedback.

-JB
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HI Fella,

Im kinda in the same boat but more on-piste than off, just wondered what did you end up going for and why?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So i can give some small input - I recently bought the Nordica Hell and back in a 177 (75kgs, 5'11, fit as the proverbial butchers canine). These with Marker bindings cost me the princely sum of €411 in shuss sports in Chamonix. Lovely ski, will be my daily driver for whatever else i can squeeze out of this season and next! (I tend to ski around 40 days a year). Brilliant carving ski, and with the squires, very light for moguls. Crud busting was top as well, given its propensity to hold a great edge. Needs hard work though, not a noodle.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy