Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl to Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I hope somebody can help with my question.

Basically what is the easiest and cheapest way to get to Innsbruck from Obergurgl?

Thanks for your help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably something like a bus to Ötztal Bahnhof then the train.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How many people? Believe it or not if there are a few of you Car hire could be the cheapest and by far the most convenient as you can pick up he car a few steps from arrivals. But the price can vary dramatically depending on date. Have a look at all usual car comparison sites, argus seems to be about the best at moment. Have done this a few times an literally just driven the car up to Obergurgl and not used it at all until the drive back, though you could easily nip down to solden for a day if you wanted.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Its just for one and I am looking at a Thursday so would the train be the best option or is there another way like a shared taxi or the like.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did that trip few weeks ago. I stopped snowboarding at 4.30-5pm and got home (in Innsbruck) by 9pm! (my train in Oetz got cancelled, so had to wait for the one after).

the bus from Obergurgl to Oetz station is free when wearing ski gear (if you're leaving on the day and have luggage, i think you have to pay, but from what I recall, the bus driver was easy on that if your luggage included ski gear...). and then the train to Innsbruck is around 10e.
the bus journey is quite long (around 1.5hr), then u have at least 15-20 mn in the train station and then around 30mn to Innsbruck HBF. So all in all, it's at least a 2hrs+ journey, but to it's probably the cheapest way.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also, I think there is a direct bus from Obergurl to Innsbruck airport once a day.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not the cheapest option but we used whitedescents for a private transfer a couple of weeks ago. Service was excellent. You pays your money..........
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy