Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A little bit of steep in obergurgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Met with Touch guru in obergurgl last week with the intention of perhaps having a little ski. Swmbo had to take some time off which meant I was in charge of the mini ansta1's so palmed off my Bil on him for an afternoon. Just as well as I would have slowed Touchguru down quite a bit it seems.

This one is them coming down the front side of the mountain towards obergurgl.

http://youtube.com/v/6-7ax9vWa2g&feature=youtu.be
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And he's not even breathing heavily. A human fitness machine, methinks!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Love the fact that you can hear James' heartbeat through his chestcam!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skiing looks fab.

It does look suspiciously like you're skiing an avalanche path without any gear though! Skullie
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I also thought it almost looked a bit slabby/slippy at the top. Nice vid though. Looks like you had a blast!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The only danger I was in, was not getting served quick enough in the bar in the hotel. I am merely the reporter and not either one of the skiers. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
meh, looks can be deceiving! Smile Both had avi gear with us and the couloir in question gets special attention from the resort as it is right above a few hotels and very close to a meeting point for the Obergurgl kids ski school.
There is also a very big run out area for any potential avalanche, as can be seen from the the last bit of footage.

boardiac, it was a bit of fresh snow sluff from the snowfall the previous night but I had skied this particular run a few times previously during the week and had been watching things fairly carefully.
We also came in from the side rather than over the steeper convexity, just to make sure and to take out the very steepest section.

Was really good fun and amazing how the GoPro makes things look less steep than they are/feel when you are skiing them! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can testify to how steep it was and it was pretty steep. If you look at the trees against the angle of the slope it gives you an idea.

Got lots more footage of you two skiing, aiming to sort it out this weekend.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
well Touchgurus off piste manners have improved greatly Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski wrote:
well Touchgurus off piste manners have improved greatly Smile

As has my skiing companion's abilities... Wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Touchguru, I shudder to think where the probe is let alone the shovel! Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
meh wrote:
Touchguru, I shudder to think where the probe is let alone the shovel! Laughing

I'll show you mine if you show me yours..... Wink Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Play nice boys
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ansta1 wrote:
Play nice boys

Always!! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Touchguru wrote:
ansta1 wrote: