Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

£129 one week self catering in Grand Massif inc Ski Pass!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is on the Sunweb website. Self catering apartment based on 4 sharing start 22nd or 29th March. Flights extra but it will be Grenoble so should be cheap. Complex has swimming pool and sauna. Seems a little too good to be true. Never skied the area so some comments would be good but will check out any reviews I can find.

Was hoping for my next trip or Bash to be in April but am tempted by this.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you got an actual link plz?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it had been the week before I'd have jumped at it .. There are 2 of us there that week already .. It a fun area ..
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hammerbjj, Can do. Just to be clear to the moderators, I have no connection with Sunweb http://ski.sunweb.co.uk/france/les_sybelles/st_sorlin_darves/les_chalets_de_la_porte_des_saisons.htm?view=destination Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The ski area is not the Grand Massif but Les Sybelles in the Maurienne Valley. Quite a difference between the two I'd imagine.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sybelles is bigger than the GM for a kickoff...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like a great deal ...... but it's Les Sybelles not Grand Massif Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Sybelles is bigger than the GM for a kickoff...

quite right. wink Even though most Brits have never heard of it.......
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowymum wrote:
The ski area is not the Grand Massif but Les Sybelles in the Maurienne Valley. Quite a difference between the two I'd imagine.

I stand corrected. Must admit I've never heard of it but it seemed quite a big range. They have it as linked 320km though can't find how it's linked. Any experience?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Basically I was poking around for a long weekend with not too long a transfer when I found this. Used to love BKK in Austria by flying Ryanair to Klagenfurt but they've stopped the route. Shame great weekend trip. Any suggestions for a long weekend?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Found a piste map now. Still looks OK though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
St Sorlin is the best place to be based in Les Sybelles IMO (I've been there twice). The local area is reasonably big and has some decent skiing. Links were a bit tedious when I went but I think they've been upgraded. Not many on piste challenges in Les Sybelles though, fairly tame. I liked the place though, not too many Brits about.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Claude B, Thanks. Sounds chilled which could be fine for a weekend. Any ideas on transfers anyone?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Londonboy50, If you can get a flight to Chambery; train to St Jean de Maurienne then bus up the mountain. Otherwise I suspect you'll need to hire a car from any other airports. I drove both times I went, road up isn't the best.

Transfer coach from Lyon, Saturdays only though http://www.lys-altibus.com/index.aspx I think that may be the problem with any transfers, perhaps even the bus up the mountain.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy