Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere touring boot fitter / shop recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading out to Val D'Isere on Saturday, aiming to buy a new set of touring boots on day one. Does anyone have any recommendations as to shops or boot fitters?

Cheers!
Simon
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Simon,

For all stuff touring in particular then the Mountain Pro Shop opposite the main bus station would be your place.... but they are not cheap in there (not that anywhere in Val is a bargain!).

For boots and boot fitting in particular there are two places i'd recommend! The intersport Borasso in snow square on the corner next to the Schuss restaurant right on the piste - Greg is very good in there..... or Killy Sport as then boys downstairs know what they are doing. I think Intersport have a selection of touring gear and Killy some stuff too!

Good luck!

Steve
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's great info, thanks Steve

Cheers
Simon
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As Steve says Val is expensive... but if your looking to do work on existing boots or setop up with some new check out Surefoot on the main drag... the lads in there know there stuff...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for Killy. They will not sell you the most expensive boots they can sell you - they will find what suits you. My OH (advanced skier) had exactly this experience and is delighted.

Surefoot - well I've had a reasonable experience but I've had to have re-adjustments to adjustments. I think it slightly depends on who serves you and there is a lot of experience in there. My (local) instructor has had a bad time with them - a newbie customer of his was fitted out with the stiffest, most advanced (and very expensive) boots and they were reluctant to take them back the next day when the instructor brought them back and said what the hell were you thinking.

As a bloke and an experienced skier you will definitely be taken seriously, at least. I get a bit fed up with mild, unconscious sexism in this area and wonder if that's why it's taken so long to get my boots right. Even when I tell them I'm doing 6 weeks a year!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for your helpful comments.

Ended up going to both mountain pro (for som touring bits and pieces) though got boots from Killy sports,

I got the Dynafit mercury TF
My partner got the Scarpa maestrale RS

So similar boots, in terms of weight & capability, though from different manufacturers.

Our instructor came along with us for the fitting, and talking the boots through... Really helpful, especially as it avoided any miscommunication. Fitting took a while especially for the dynafit, though think we are good now.3 days skiing on them, 1st was tough though next days were fine.

Now as ready as we can be for the Haute Route next week!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
surefeet all day long .steep prices but great fitting boots excellent service not one person i have taken 4 guys in there each has walked out POORER but ultimately very satisfied worth every penny
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Glad you got sorted for boots but dread to think what you had to pay!! I have maestrale boots, great boot.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy