Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Air Canada to Calgary

Poster: A snowHead
What is the least you have paid (in the last year or so) to go on Air Canada to Calgary direct?

(i know there are other options)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
never a cheap destination and not usually a cheap option carrier wise either. For some reason Vancouver always seems to come up cheaper but not going to help you much if you want the Rockies Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
£498 - Manchester to Calgary for a return trip in mid October (about £250 less than BA from LHR for same dates (ish))
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
chocksaway, that's excellent. I used to travel to Toronto around four five times a year about twenty years ago and always found Air Canada to be good value then and excellent service too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway, they dont seem to do that route anymore
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skinutter wrote:
For some reason Vancouver always seems to come up cheaper but not going to help you much if you want the Rockies Twisted Evil

And Seattle much cheaper than Vancouver. Okay its a few more hours in the hire car, but the hire car price is much cheaper too. (or at least it was when the CAD was much stronger that the USD).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes rockies
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
[b]hobbiteater[/b My fault I thought I had clicked on the Air Transat thread Embarassed (Air Transat are still £200 cheaper than BA from London to Calgary on dates in Jan though!!)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yup AT currently one option. Just wondered if air canada ever got close
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone else, air transat are weds only in 2015 so air canada or london airways are the only options for me. Has anyone done better on air canada to calgary than 760?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ski Independence got us a better deal than I could get myself. Just returned, flew Air Canada LHR to Vancouver, then Vancouver to Calgary, then Calgary LHR. No Manchester flights running this year.. Definately got cheaper price than direct booking with AC and they tried all different combinations of days to optimise price. Can recommend them.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lynnecha, thanks, how much did you pay?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hobbiteater, not Calgary but we flew Air Canada to Denver and booked via Dial a Flight who got us a really good price, better than anything else I could find and the trick seemed to be that it was on codeshares, so IIRC I think part of the flight was a Lufthansa code but the carrier was Air Canada.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^ don't know why Luft-hansa has highlighted above, I didn't do it!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sarah, it's a sponsored link....
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, ah...thanks Smile
ski holidays
Its more working out when to book, currently about 750, are they likely to go down...
snow conditions
we used trail finders who were cheaper if you also booked car hire. worth trying
snow conditions
chrisJersey, thanks, how much did you pay?
snow report
hobbiteater, sounds weird but I don't remember because we also added accommodation. but they are v helpful ie will tell you the cheapest fares on a range of dates. make sure you ask them if adding a car or hotel is cheaper. it is called an inclusive fare fro memory
snow report
chrisJersey, thanks I tried them, 200 more than doing it separately. Some you win, some you loose...
ski holidays
I'm unsure if you got your answer, but I thought I would chime in. Mid-October may not be the best time for snow in Alberta. The ski season usually runs from mid-November to the beginning of May. WestJet is headquartered in Calgary, and they are working on bolstering their service with direct flights between London and Calgary. Looking at https://cheapflightscanada.ca, I found that a Jan 2025 flight with a return trip was around €945 on Air Canada, so it seems that they are still the cheapest, but there are always many seat sales. Usually, at the end of August and the beginning of September, WestJet and Air Canada put on large seat sales, which can benefit anyone trying to get away for the Canadian ski season.
snow report
I haven’t been for a while but Canadian Affair were quite good for organising flights accommodation etc - they worked out considerably cheaper than the component parts (flight transfer accom lift pass) one trip and a bit more the next. Air Transat were good value for flights at the time.
snow report
I haven’t been for a while but Canadian Affair were quite good for organising flights accommodation etc - they worked out considerably cheaper than the component parts (flight transfer accom lift pass) one trip and a bit more the next. Air Transat were good value for flights at the time.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy