Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A ski fitness plan for next season.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The internet suggests oily fish (salmon, mackerel, sardines), pineapple (contains bromelain), soy products and food rich in magnesium (bananas and peanut butter) in order to increase synovial fluid.

It suggests you avoid/reduce saturated fats, red meats and processed foods. Drink plenty of filtered water, and steam foods or eat them raw (I think this refers to vegetables and fruits rather than meats and fish)

Reduce dairy products, white rice, white bread, and pasta.

These suggestions are fairly common for a healthy diet, and so eating fresh pineapple is the only suggestion which might be added to my diet (other than avoiding/reducing white bread).

I am not sure that tartiflette, copies quantities of wine, and no water at altitude is very good for synovial fluid in your knee. (although it seems good at the time!)

snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bigtipper wrote:
no water at altitude

Just you wait, America will have thos little water fountains at various points soon.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I regularly mountain bike and road bike the preston guild wheel. But recently started the insanity work out. Im in more pain than ever as a result and find it difficult to walk to the fridge of an evening to get a cold one - result ! 46 yrs old and should know better lol. Only 4 wks til Wengen !! C'mon snow !!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Each to their own with exercise plans. Just get fit and the pain goes away. Trainers would hate this but 2 years of 90 minutes every day on a cross trainer and I am 80 lb lighter and even though well and truely the wrong side of 50 on my last couple of ski trips I was the only one not exhausted and tired at the end of every day evening skiing steep and deep with those half my age and my ski technique stinks...

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 24-11-14 6:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Trainers would hate this

I'd hate it too - I'd have died of boredom long since. wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Trainers would hate this

I'd hate it too - I'd have died of boredom long since. wink

Me too! 90 mins every day Shocked

Posidrive chapeau!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy