Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Girl dragged up ski lift by her scarf

Poster: A snowHead
Story from Hintertux in the paper this morning.
Quote:
A girl of 8 was almost strangled when her scarf got trapped in a ski lift. She jumped off behind an instructor who was helping another child who had fallen - but got tangled and was dragged by her neck up the mountain. The child was saved by a passing doctor who revived her. She was airlifted from the mountain and is expected to make a full recovery
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
so pleased shes expected to make a full recovery
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bit of a message about scarves with loose ends - when near exposed mechanisms they can indeed strangle. It was true in the day of Isadora Duncan, and it's true now. SnowHeads-type buffs look smart and are much safer.
And full marks to those who rescued the little girl, and enabled her recovery.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've often wondered about that - I don't like seeing kids with scarfs. Isadora Duncan made a deep impression on me - I often cite her in warning and grandmotherly tones when people are being thoughtless with scarfs.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have just been reading the Isadora Duncan Wikipedia entry

It must have been a very long and extravagant scarf.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Read the same story in Metro this morning, glad she appears to be okay. Scarves and ski lifts don't mix...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like Daily Mail hyperbole. Does anybody know the actual story?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here's a snapshot ...

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://mobil.gn-online.de/Nachrichten/Achtjaehrige-Skifahrerin-fast-von-eigenem-Schal-erdrosselt-58044.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dschal%2Bhintertux%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D687

Trailing clothes and drag lifts don't mix, and this includes loose hoods on ski jackets. Attentive and well positioned lift attendants can prevent this sort of mishap from evolving into something more serious. In poor visibility of course, there's nothing much a lift attendant can be expected to do to help.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jocrad, thats where I saw the story too, listed the girl as from Holland, so maybe getting coverage in the Dutch media?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

It must have been a very long and extravagant scarf

Isadora Duncan would have worn no other kind!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In EK this year we saw quite a few kids with their braces hanging over their backsides. Just asking to get hooked on a foot bar on a lift.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh my God I just read the story of Isadora Duncan's life. Wow, that is too much tragedy for one person!! Phew....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And by 'story' I mean Wikipedia snapshot. Am still reeling...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
moffatross, And realistically if we're all supposed to be wearing helmets nowadays why do ski jackets have hoods???
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

In EK this year we saw quite a few kids with their braces hanging over their backsides.

thecramps, my nephew learnt not to do that after suffering what he described as a "savage wedgie" when he dismounted a chairlift but his salopettes didn't.
snow conditions
pam w, ouch Shocked
snow report
thecramps, the liftie was in no great rush to stop the lift as he dangled. Laughing I was on the chair behind with friends, and we couldn't understand why the lift had had to stop for 3 very competent lads. Competent skiers, that is, not necessarily that good with their trousers. wink
ski holidays
pam w, Laughing
snow report
dazman wrote:
moffatross, And realistically if we're all supposed to be wearing helmets nowadays why do ski jackets have hoods???

Mine has a hood that fits over the helmet- great for avoiding icy drops down the back of the neck!! Happy
snow report
Humpfknick wrote:
dazman wrote:

Mine has a hood that fits over the helmet- great for avoiding icy drops down the back of the neck!! Happy

Mine and the one before are detachable and have never been used.
ski holidays
Mine has a roll away hood, that I never use. However I don't think that scarves are a good idea when sking there are bandana type things that are far better. As for braces they are easily removed if you don't want to wear them.
snow report
thecramps wrote:
In EK this year we saw quite a few kids with their braces hanging over their backsides. Just asking to get hooked on a foot bar on a lift.

I did that once and yes the braces got caught on the drag lift. Nearly ripped my salopettes off! Made a hell of a twang after dragging me 10 ft up the mountain on my back bottom!
snow report
I love the censorship, that turns Ar*se to backbottom.
latest report
It also turns tw@t into lady's front bottom when you call someone a lady's front bottom

tsk

I mean TW@T
snow report
I've had great fun with this censorship think. wee wee back bottom lady's front bottom Be Nice please! (That was a test- forgive any that slip through, lol!)
snow conditions
Just checking, what happens to f*ck? Be Nice please!...
snow conditions
Oh, it turns into a magic Be Nice please! smiley
ski holidays
Humpfknick, I can never order a pint now after the nanny filter on here Shocked

pam w,
Quote:

my nephew learnt not to do that after suffering what he described as a "savage wedgie" when he dismounted a chairlift but his salopettes didn't.

I am so sorry but that really made me laugh, poor lad, hope he was ok?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Humpfknick, is your real name fuckpanties?
ski holidays
HOW CAN YOU SAY Be Nice please!???!
ski holidays
And yes it is. Be Nice please! Be Nice please! Be Nice please! wink
snow report
Hahahah I did not put those four smilies there!! Cool
snow report
thecramps wrote:

this does seem to be a current fashion, saw loads doing this in Madonna last week and wss expecting to see an accident
snow report
thecramps wrote:

this does seem to be a current fashion, saw loads doing this in Madonna last week and wss expecting to see an accident
snow report
Do the lift people not look out for this kind of thing? Just a thought.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy