Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada, 1st 2 weeks of march

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What the general (historical) feel for conditions in the Canadian Rockies in the first 2 weeks of March?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good. Snows a lot generally.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gryphea, thanks, right answer wink.

When does it start getting warm? i mean spring conditions
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, whereabouts are you thinking? But I would say not first two weeks of march!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
banff, fernie, parorama, kh,

cheers
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fernie might get warm (it can rain anytime in the season) plus lower half of KH. Don't know Pano. Banff higher altitude so likely to stay cooler but sun is out a long time by then.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hobbiteater, done Banff, Fernie, Panorama, Big White 2nd week in March - perfect every time, although Big White was having a particularly cold spell, -38 one day!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If I were advising anyone to come for two weeks to rockies I would advise first two weeks of march, best snowfall, less likelihood of drop dead cold temperatures (although anything is possible)

Like fatbob, says Fernie can rain anytime. We got severely rained on first week in Jan. Rain like I haven't seen for a long time. They were pumping out the lake in the village square.

Sunshine stays open through may and into June, I wouldn't call first two weeks in march spring conditions at sunshine for sure. Been to Kicking Horse in late march before and its been springish lower and a bear woke up (not the one in captivity, another one) and was wondering the lower slopes. We'll go second weekend in march this year and will let you know.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mountains are normally in good condition - don't expect the superfine champagne powder you get in January though (although if it turns cold, you never know)
If you're based in Banff, watch the weather and time your trip to KH for the day after a decent snowfall. If you're into the chutes there or the bowls then they'll be at their best in terms of snow and visability the day after a good fall - be wary of KH if high wind is predicted though, there are a lot of exposed ridge lines there and its not much fun in high wind.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I did Fernie, Panorama and Kicking Horse first two weeks in March in 2008 and each resort was different. Fernie was brilliant, lots of fresh snow and temperatures were perfect, not absolutely freezing but cold enough to keep the snow in great condition. Kicking Horse had great snow at the top but cruddy at the bottom, but that didnt really matter because we just skied the bowls. Panorama was boiler plate ice everywhere and not really very enjoyable. I absolutely loved Fernie and KH but probably wouldn't go back to panorama, they seem to get much less snow than everywhere else.

FYI we've just booked Canada last 2 weeks in Feb for next season.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Did last week in Feb and first week in March last year. Snow was brilliant at sunshine and lake Louise. Would happily go back later in march.

Spent our last 3 days at panorama and that was a big disappointment, we left the knee deep powder of sunshine to find hard icy snow conditions (in fact when we got home had better snow in Scotland).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy