Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to Switzerland tomorrow (Thu 20 Feb) - any last minute tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As per the title, setting off tomorrow and driving straight through.

Any last minute tips before we set off?

My route is Eurotunnel, Reims, Dijon, Besancon, Lausanne, Martigny and then Verbier.

Any tips, tricks or wisdom gratefully received! :0)

S
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Remember to drive with your headlights on in Switzerland or you might get a fine.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sasha320, Have a great trip. You have snow tyres I presume? Watch the speed limits, sometimes variable.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sasha320, Its really not a bad drive, should be about 8 hours from the tunnel. + 1 about the headlights, new law. You will have to get a vignette (for motorway driving) for your windscreen, you can pick one up at the border at Vallorbe or any petrol station. If you want a snack the service station at Le Chablais (after Lausanne) on the A9 is great, depending on the time of day. + 1 re: snow tyres, although unless there is a huge dump of snow you'll probably be ok getting up to Verbier. You'll have a great time, the snow is really great atm and you're catching the end of half term

Have a fabulous time. Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you for all comments.

Good tip re. headlamps.

Winter tyres and Vignette, got.

:0)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Drive on the right!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fly instead wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Park your car up in Verbier and leave it there for your stay. Great free shuttle bus service and there's no where to park in town.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Go via Luxembourg, Strasbourg, Basel - avoids 90% of the French tolls, about 20% off a tank of fuel in Lux, BUT adds about 100miles/1.5hours to the journey.

Personally I've got so bored with the route across France I like the change of scenery in at least one direction - and the family like a visit to Strasbourg to break the journey. Luxembourg also cheap for tobacco if you have any smokers in car or any 'gifts' to bring home.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Steve Sparks wrote:
Park your car up in Verbier and leave it there for your stay. Great free shuttle bus service and there's no where to park in town.
Had a parking place at our apartment Steve wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy