Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where have all the cheap deals gone???

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Just started looking for our second trip of the season, after a great week in les Arcs in the middle of Jan for stupidly low money. Ideally looking for dolomites or Val d'aosta/Monterosa

We always leave it last minute, to try and get the best deal we can, we're very flexible.....except this time lol, it has to be w/c 1st march

In January there were literally dozens of dead cheap deals, now there is a distinct lack of them...., can't find anything in Italy below about £7-£800 in resorts we'd want to go to.

Anyone else having similar problems for that week...

Thanks Neil.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
has been much skiing on the tele recently?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
neilkav, did you see deals then for thise dates?

Diy?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mid high season. There is certainly stuff around in France for about £500 pp. When are Italian holidays, which may well have an impact?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SnowCandy chalets in Morzive have some great deals at present, fabulous chalets, great food, great staff.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, thanks, do look v nice, but been to PDS quite a few times, really fancy something different, cheers
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure when Italian holidays are probably that week lol.

Looked at DIY too, but accommodation still looks steep, and trying to sort out transfers to some resorts could be a nightmare, will keep looking though, cheers.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
neilkav, i think the problem you'll have with Monterosa is that amost no UK TOs go there...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

i think the problem you'll have with Monterosa is that amost no UK TOs go there...

which is probably why it's such a good destination. wink
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
neilkav, dependent on the board basis you're looking for, and how flexible about resort, I might be able to help. Drop me a PM if so
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have you tried Crystal?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
your still in holiday season, that's why there are less deals!

Check the sticky link for dates

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=99593
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know igluski have offers in Austria that look tempting. Sorry its not Italy though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
neilkav, it is peak French hols season - so Austria or Italy probably a better bet, if you can find something.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Best snow in Italy for years may be tempting the late bookers!
snow report
You can go to sestriere with crystal that week for 529 to grand hotel sestriere!

Not quite the area you wanted but its Italy! No idea about the hotel either!

Booked well ahead for dolomites this year and deals did seem to sell out (I find myself strangely drawn to looking for hols after I've booked to see how much cheaper I could have got it for!) Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm going this weekend and found the deals not as good as for the week before half term.

Booked a week ago and it seems to have been the optimum time as prices haven't dropped since and are indeed a bit higher.

I guess demand must be there which is a shame for you as a late booker. Often I find booking 1.5 weeks before departure gives greatest choice and value.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy