Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Munich - Soll by train

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick question for those in the know with some local knowledge.

6 of us are using the train to get from Munich to Kufstein on a Wednesday afternoon, plane lands at 13.40 getting the 15.52 from Munchen Ost hopefully, and returning on the following Sunday on the 13.01 train.

Now......

I intended to use the great value Bayern ticket for these journeys (they are regional train times) as it comes in at just over €10 pp each way but I'm slightly concerned if these will be peak times and we'll struggle to get seats?

Will we be ok or should I forego some beer tokens and stump up for reserved seats?

ta

Joe
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How are you getting to Munchen Ost? The train ticket will be the same price from the Airport. It will also print out journey platforms and connection times.

That's not peak times, so wouldn't worry yourself.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers jafa,
Using the S-bahn. I was going to order them online but it would probably be easier getting the bayern ticket from a machine at the airport station. Although the website is excellent the ID requirement thing makes purchase a bit of a faff.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For a couple of euros extra get it at the counter from a human being. As I sais earlier, this prints out all the timetable for you and which platforms you need to be on. This is very useful for the last change at Rosenheim as there is only a few minutes between arriving and departing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jafa wrote:
For a couple of euros extra get it at the counter from a human being. As I sais earlier, this prints out all the timetable for you and which platforms you need to be on. This is very useful for the last change at Rosenheim as there is only a few minutes between arriving and departing.

Puzzled The bahn.com website says Munich Airport > Munchen Ost then Munchen Ost > Kufstein with no other changes?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Im sure it will be correct, just that every time ive done the journey theres been a change at Rosenheim.

Im sure other people will come on here and confirm, but that may be for the direct intercity type trains, which are more expensive. The Bayern ticket uses more local trains.

For what its worth, I cant see the 15.52 train on the Bahn.com web site
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I know, it's weird, if you start form Munich airport > Kufstein it doesn't give the option unless you muck around with the "transfer times" option but Munchen Ost > Kufstein it shows up no problem.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thought there was a local Meridian/BOB train direct from Hbf/OstBhf to Kufstein, as well as the longer distance Munich-Innsbruck EC trains.

edit: and I'm sure someone will be along to confirm if Kufstein or Kiefersfelden is classified as the boundary for a Bayern ticket.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy, Kufstein is OK for a Bayern ticket as far as I have been told and seen on the websites. The two places are so close anyway, only the river separates them. The guard will tell you when he checks the tickets.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I always buy from a human being at the airport- but then again I get terrible train paranoia wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
During the week/Saturday you will get a through train to Kufstein. Coming back on Sunday you will probably have to change at Rosenheim.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andy, Samerberg Sue, Definitely on the Bayern ticket, It;s the recommended choice when you plan a trip on the DB Bhan website.

It was more to make sure we get seats as I can't be bothered standing for and hour on the train lol

Thanks everyone for the info!

Joe
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy