Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warth access

Poster: A snowHead
Local guidance welcomed!......Driving to Warth in 2 weeks and wondering which is the best/ safest road go drive up, the Dornbirn Bregenzerwald road or the Bludenz road up via Damuls? End of the week then heading down and east to Arlberg via a day stop off at Sonnenkopf, any ideas whether we'd need to go down to Dornbirn or OK down via Damuls to Bludenz.

Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To Warth B200 Bregenzerwald all the way down.
Warth to Sonnenkopf B198 down through Lech and Zurs.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought that the B198 Lech to Warth road was always closed throughout the Winter?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wags wrote:
I thought that the B198 Lech to Warth road was always closed throughout the Winter?
That's my experience.

This Jan there hadn't been enough snow to close it naturally so the Lechites bulldozed snow over the road to close it, much to the Warthians chagrin.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
admin wrote:
Wags wrote:
That's my experience.

This Jan there hadn't been enough snow to close it naturally so the Lechites bulldozed snow over the road to close it, much to the Warthians chagrin.

They close roads so that they don't have to avalanche control the slopes above, I doubt they closed it just to annoy people. Being in Austria there was most likely a local bylaw that required it to be closed, so they closed it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There certainly wasn't enough snow to pose an avalanche risk, but yes it may well be a local by law but like I said, they weren't too impressed in Warth.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There was a fatal avalanche in the area in December... you only need a few cm of snow for there to be a risk.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That road is a continuous seres of avy paths coming off below the Karhorn. I'm almost certain it's not just to do wth keepng Lech exclusive, no matter what local village rivalry may say - why does Warth care now anyway - they're on the gravy train now.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers for feedback all
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was in arlberg the other week. The road to from Lech to Warth was closed. New lift linking Warth to Lech was open though. Good engineering, but I couldn't help but feel I might get trapped in Warth!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
allyr wrote:
I was in arlberg the other week. The road to from Lech to Warth was closed. New lift linking Warth to Lech was open though. Good engineering, but I couldn't help but feel I might get trapped in Warth!

That road is closed every winter (regardless of snow depths it seems).

There are other roads out of Warth, it's not cut off in winter. If you missed the last lift back to Lech you can catch a bus down to the main valley and get a train back up to the Arlberg (e.g. from Bregenz). It would be a pain, but it's not as bad as missing the last lift back from Zermatt to Cervinia Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Girlfriend spent an afternoon in Warth with Ski school and enjoyed it. I was much happier over on the Albona. Managed to do Maroikopf and Knodelberg which was great. Hijack over.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
allyr wrote:
Girlfriend spent an afternoon in Warth with Ski school and enjoyed it. I was much happier over on the Albona. Managed to do Maroikopf and Knodelberg which was great. Hijack over.

Happy

Feel free to add details on conditions etc to the thread here. It's always good to hear about conditions on the ground.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
allyr wrote:

That lift closes surprisingly early for such an important link. Fortunately the lifties are quite accomodating when it comes to letting you on once they've finished putting the majority of the cars away. Embarassed
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Markymark29, which airport/direction you travelling from?

I've only travelled the Damuls/Ragall route Lech/Warth at the end of season when the direct Lech/Warth route is still closed. Otherwise from Zurich Airport the route has been Au/Schoppernau and on to Warth.

Whatever you do, do not rely on your SatNav to get it right!! The shortest route may just be the one that ends up snow-bound!
snow report
skimastaaah, driving down from UK, planning to go up through Bregenzerwald from Dornbirn an way out and see if the Damuls shortcut (?) is open for traffic to Bludenz on way round to Sonnenkopf and then Arlberg middle Saturday.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy