Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

That was the winter holiday: what do you plan for summer?

Poster: A snowHead
Mexico. Go to Mexico- it's amazing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2 weeks in Mexico ( PDC) as i've done the past 2 years, and 2 weeks in egypt.

and every weekend i can in the highlands !
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for all the helpful posts, and for the smug ones too. Toofy Grin
The final decision was Mark Warner, Portugal in the beginning of August. It looks like we will be investing heavily in Scuba (all 3 kids) and plenty mountain biking for me.
Thankfully also have a touring caravan at home (..yes I know, step forward all Jezzer impersonators) so we can get some UK free time also, including Newcastleton music festival and the 7 Stanes trial.

Not such a bad summer, so long as I get it planned and paid for up front.

thanks again to all posters. Mexico looks interesting, but really I just wanna go boarding. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nothing "paid for extra" this summer - dinghy sailing, walking and lazing around at home, and lazing around and walking in the Alps. And maybe some camping both ends.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nothing.
No point in wasting time on summer holiday when that means less skiing next season.
snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
AJQ, plenty of decent diving to be had in the UK.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonpim, Same for us. We will have an odd weekend in Northumberland, but otherwise we will just be saving for next winter. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ewanmalone wrote:
have you thought about going to a ski resort? somewhere with a glacier so you can ski in the morning and hike/bike/swim/sunbathe in the afternoon?

Words of a true wise skihead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We did Bavaria in July and Slovenia in September last year - both great areas for rafting,mountain biking and hiking. Went through a phase in our twenties when a summer holiday had to involve a beach, but then we discovered the Chamonix area in the summer, after that every summer trip since then has involved lakes and mountains - for us there is no comparison, we have never got bored and we are now in our fifties.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Camping! And getting paid for it as well, bargain.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
UK camping and probably off to see our friends for a short trip in Switzerland.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard, some people wouldn't go camping even if you paid them. Not me though....
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dogwatch wrote:
Sailing. I ski when it's too cold for sailing.

+1
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Our daughter is getting married in Italy this Summer, so I have booked a family villa there for a week Very Happy .
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cstreat wrote:
I am a similar age to you, and so are my kids; I took seriously to bodyboarding a few years ago, with the kids. It is easier to master than surfing, and requires a higher level of fitness once you get out in the big stuff. A beach holiday can be enjoyed by everyone, but when you get into bodyboarding, you can do it year round! I`ll be in the water tomorrow morning. Some warmer destinations near the UK include the Canaries ( that`s April this year ) Morocco and Portugal, then there is Cornwall, Wales, Ire and France. For the more adventurous, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Africa, cape Verde, Aus, Indonesia. You can equip yourself fully for less than £200. Take a course down at Newquay and get cracking!

Also for the more adventurous the Philippines. A bit of a trek to get there but superb value once there. Unashamed plug for http://siargaosurf.com/

Owned and run by my son who is first and foremost a skier. He has just finished his season in Big White. He had the same issues of what to do with the summer months and came up with this Very Happy
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Nothing.
No point in wasting time on summer holiday when that means less skiing next season.
snowHead

I can't give up my two weeks in the mountains in the summer.
ski holidays
Mrs.HD and her mate are looking at a joint holiday tonight. Somewhere warm, with a pool, something for two kids (11 & 12) to do and probably all inclusive.

Some peoples idea of hell I suppose.

I think I'll take a travel fishing rod, some meaty pellets and find a local harbour.
ski holidays
2-weeks in various campsites in France in the caravan

Likewise some peoples' idea of hell, but works for us and we enjoy it
snow conditions
Hells Bells wrote:
Jonpim wrote:
Nothing.
snowHead

I can't give up my two weeks in the mountains in the summer.

+1
If I used all of my leave time in the winter I'd probably get sacked for inefficiency!
snow report
holidayloverxx, my leave is my own business now, and fortunately J's boss is fine for him to take his holidays whenever he wants . I think it suits him better when he takes it all in winter, as he has somewhere for the relief pharmacist to go when no-one else wants time off.
snow report
Scuba diving.

Mix the beach and mountain hiking somewhere in the Med with mountains close to the sea - and then the beach loving part of the family can split away. I've done it in Corsica, Mallorca, still looking at Sardinia. Also did a combined 1 week hiking one week beach in the Pyrenees + Costa Brava. Try to get everyone to improve their photography to make the walks more interesting.

Family learn to sail holiday (still looking at this one for us).

I'll also look at some of the suggestions above.
latest report
Pembrokeshire beach holidays with www.newportpembsholidaycottage.co.uk - shameful plug Very Happy
latest report
homers double wrote:
Mrs.HD and her mate are looking at a joint holiday tonight. Somewhere warm, with a pool, something for two kids (11 & 12) to do and probably all inclusive.

The net result of two women sat at two laptops last night for three hours with a bottle of wine and a credit card is that I will be bombing into this in August!

Lanzarote for a week, never been so quite looking forward to it.
snow report
homers double, looks very like the place we stayed at a long time ago.
ski holidays
Hells Bells, THB Corbetta near Playa Blanca on the southern bit.

Pros:- Heat, fishing from both shore and boat if the good lady permits it.
Cons:- No skiing and (i very much doubt) no cycling.
snow conditions
If you are mountain lovers, consider a walking holiday. We did it for the first time last year - September in Hinterglemm, Austria. Truly beautiful. Grassy mountains, so much more pleasant to walk and view than the scree you might come across in high altitude areas. Guided walks from the Hotel and Tourist Office. Packages can include a lift pass (4 gondolas were open in Saalbach/Hinterglemm when we went but beware early and late season closures). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (oh and we are going again this September).
ski holidays
AsterixTG, in my view canstatter wassen in Stuttgart is better than munich. Done both may times, Stuttgart is a more genuine experience.
ski holidays
We're off to Austria in August. A week in St Gilgen (on the Wolfgangsee) and a week in Zell am See. Looking forward to some walking, cycling, sightseeing and might even get a chance to ski on the Kkitzsteinhorn glacier, wife's permission permitting Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
3D Archery and lots off it followed by a wee bit of mountain biking.
snow report
Already on summer hols Very Happy not away again till end of Nov for a week in southern Spain minus the kids on the very very cheap. Hopefully will be away next year skiing for the half term and also in May plus summer hols at Easter again.
If really lucky might get a week away on my own skiing.
ski holidays
Sat on a Spanish beach today.....and for the rest of the week
snow report
My summer has started early this year, I'm mid way into a 20 day trip to visit friends in Columbia, South America. We've been kayaking, scuba diving (first time for the nine year old) and generally being tourists up and down the coast from Cartagena. The security situation is ok here, no worse than any large city. Very friendly people, really pleased I've come. In July we have rented a house on Round Island, Poole Harbour for six days where we will sail and kayak with the kids plus some friends.
snow report
"Family holiday" is a contradiction in terms for us, reading all your posts is very depressing, we all want very different things.

Me, apart from skiing, would like to a watersports activity summer holiday but usually end up meeting with the inlaws in the uk (possibly the dullest people I could have as inlaws) I'd also like to do some mountain biking or get away on my motorbike for a few days. I'd rather poke sharp needles in my eyes than sit on a beach for more time than it takes to eat lunch and anywhere that's more than 25'c is too hot unless I'm in the water! (prefer 25'f).

Mrs T, likes skiing but not with me!, would like to sit in the sun reading a book and a bit of sight seeing ( I bought her a sunlamp and a box set of Whickers world, but she didn't seem to appreciate that?) likes horse riding but bad back stops that

14 yr old Daughter 1, Slight physical disability, she can ski without aids but does not like it and stayed with Gran this year, likes horse riding but would rather stay at home, she was quite good at scuba diving but I found it impossible to equalise my ear pressure.

14 yr old Daughter 2, enjoys skiing but not with me, dodgy knee means probably not ski again, sticks to the blues with Mum, happy to spend the summer riding her horse

6yr old Daughter, could be my saviour! loves skiing (but not as much as riding her horse) totally fearless, naturally good at almost anything she tries, very lucky little girl.

I've tried to be interested in horses but despite being brought up on a farm with a livery yard, I always preferred the two wheel version.

I used to do a lot of water skiing and was not enthusiastic about starting a family, but was assured by Mrs T and her friends that the kids would soon be my boat crew and would be beating me down the mountain, none of this has happened, the boat has been sold and I ski alone.
snow conditions
tangowaggon, That last sentence could make a grown man cry. My 5 year old daughter loves skiing so far. I hope she sticks with it and skis with me in a few years. 3 year old lad has not skied yet but I am determined to get him skiing next year,
ski holidays
we decamp to my parents' house half an hour away by the seaside and play on the beach/ in the rockpools for a week. they're 5 and 7, so we can still get away with this and to be honest, it's a really nice, relaxed holiday. also means we can look after/ entertain my dad and give my mum a good bit of 'time off'. as long as that does the kids for a summer holiday, we'll keep doing it and get our skiing weeks and city breaks throughout the rest of the year.
latest report
The OH and I are taking a week in Hells Bells apartment in Monetier Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy