Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva airport to Montchavin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Travelling by myself what is the cheapest and easiest way to get to Montchavin Sat March 29th
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Altibus to Bourg, funicular up to Arc 1600, ski across. Where in Montchavin are you staying?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Gämsbock, In the town, yes might work arrive at Geneva at 08.50, so should give time to get to Bourg and then across before the lifts closes?, Probably cheaper to get taxi from Bourg rather than buy a a days pass just to get across??
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Probably the cheapest option would be to catch the train from Geneva to Landry (normally with a change at Chambery or Lyon) and then catch the local bus up to Montchavin from the train station. Currently showing as under 40 euros one way for the train and bus fare.

You would have to get into Geneva Cornavin station for 09:59 but all the trains from the airport stop there and it only takes a few minutes, they also give you a free ticket for travel into Geneva from one of the machines in the baggage collection area at the airport.
There is a train 2 hours later from Geneva Cornavin if you miss the first one.

You'd have a bit of a wait in Chambery for the connecting train but it would be a good lunch stop.
Have a look at www.sncf.com for train times and prices and http://www.autocars-berard.com/fr/reservation/horaires.aspx?cp=fr&rt=BER12&dA=29/03/2014 for bus times from the station in Landry.

You wouldn't need your skis on at all during the journey either.

Also try PMing Snow and Sunshine for a bit more advice, she knows the area well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Thanks for that, times would suit, cost approx 100 euro inc bus up to to Montchavin. Altibus looks like 110 euro to Bourg return + taxi from Borg to Montchavin, any ideas on the cost of a taxi??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure about the price of a taxi from Bourg but the cheapest I have seen for a similar distance journey from Moutiers to Champagny is 50 euros each way, that is for up to 4 people.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think I will end up paying the £200.00 to hire a car, at least airport to ski is then only 3 hours !!! It makes you laugh £100.00 return Easyjet and then twice the cost to get 150km from airport.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thunderer, Must agree with you there, onward transport is very expensive when you arrive in the Alps.

It is completely different in our bit of the South of France, they subsidise the bus journeys. It only costs 1 euro 50 cents for the 15 minute journey from Beziers airport to Agde and all the shorter bus journeys around the area are 1 euro each way so it makes it very affordable to get there and travel around when you are on holiday.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thunderer, yes, should give you plenty of time if you wanted to ski. A taxi from Bourg to Montchavin is about €50 - last year it was €35 just from Landry. I'd forgotten there was a bus up from Landry - the service in the week is only twice a day! But it seems there are more buses on Saturdays. Costs €6.40. Here's a link
http://www.autocars-berard.com/fr/reservation/horaires.aspx?cp=fr&rt=BER12&dA=29/03/2014

Hitching up the hill is quite common as well, if you arrive at Landry with poor timing for the bus it's worth a go.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Options, options !!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy