Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which supermarket to stop at driving through France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're driving to Troyes on Friday and then onto Chamonix Saturday morning. I was thinking of stopping at bourg en bresse for a pit stop and a quick supply shop at a supermarket close to the motorway. Does anyone know if there are better places to stop. Also, is it worth shopping before hand, are the supermarkets in Chamonix a lot more expensive than the ones out of the mountains?
Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes they are more expensive in chamonix. when you come along the autoroute before you go up the bridge to chamonix come off at junction 21 and turn right toward sallanchez, there's a big intermarche there (about 30 seconds along the road). Much bigger choice and cheaper Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A quick Google (amazing thing, give it a whirl Wink) throws up three Carrefour locations in and around Bourg en bresse.

You're unlikely to get much cheaper.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonesj, There's a big Leclerc hypermarket on the outskirts of Bourg-en-Bresse - very easy to reach from the motorway

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=leclerc+bourg+en+bresse&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=leclerc+bourg+en+bresse&cid=17144966088210554697&ei=VCQDU7roOImYhQfFvoG4Dw&ved=0CKcBEPwS
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers all. I'd spotted a few on google maps and we should e getting there around lunch time so I think it will be a good time to stop. We can't get into the chalet until 4 so there's no mad rush.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

we should e getting there around lunch time so I think it will be a good time to stop

Check opening hours - some French supermarkets close at midday though most of the biggest ones (and certainly that one in Sallanches) stay open. Don't forget you won't get bags - take some with you!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
... Don't forget you won't get bags - take some with you!

or pay the few cents and use them for rubbish bags
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shopping bags is a good tip. It's the same in Wales now so we always now have a stash in the car.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The big bags you get if you pay, in French supermarkets, are too big for my little bin. I thoroughly approve of the efforts to use fewer plastic bags - I use some big IKEA bags for major French supermarket shops. Also easier to carry from the car. Our local Co-op in Emsworth doesn't provide bags either - I have got used to taking my own but I do get enough bags from my Tesco home deliveries for my rubbish bins.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
genepi, That one is a good one as it also has fuel and is based in a retail park which has an Intersport. We often stay overnight across the road from there at the Ibis Budget.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy