Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs - best ski pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We are travelling to Les Arcs and just wondered if someone could give an idea of the best ski pass for us. We are a group of 4, who have all skiied about 10 or so times. We usually go to Morzine, and get a full PDS pass for the week. I believe the options are a Les Arcs, Discovery or a full Paredeski pass...

Any advice would be great!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would think you`d want the full Paradeski pass!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the other hand, I have been to both La Plagne (once) and Les Arcs (several times) and have never used the full paradiski pass, not even the discovery pass which from Les Arcs gives you one day in La Plagne - There's plenty of skiing in Les Arcs and unless you are staying right next to the gondola, I don't see the point in paying extra so you can ski all the way over to La Plagne. I'd just stick with the Les Arcs pass
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are staying in Arcs 2000. It looks like quite a long way to go to get to La Plagne, but would be worth it if the skiing is really great. I guess we just don't want to save a few euros to find ourselves bored with just one area, but without knowing the place its a tough decision!!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Les Arcs is a huge ski area - we've been every week for last 7 years and haven't got bored of it yet. It's easy enough to get from Arc2000 to LP, although not as easy to get back. If you're desperate to go then get the Discovery which will give you a day over there.

If you've never been to Les Arcs, I'd settle for the Les Arcs one and save your money for another visit
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The skiing isn't better in La Plagne, so my first instinct is to say go les arcs only. BUT if you are mile coverers and haven't been before you can feel like 'grass is greener' all the time if you have the limited pass.
So if you are genuinely just wondering how much skiing in les arcs the answer is plenty and the les arcs pass is more than enough. It's my favourite resort (look for my last trip report). If you are folks who like to do the 'four corners' type challenge or look for a new village to visit everyday or even just prone to competitiveness in the bar about highest point/most blacks/whatever then I'd go paradiski.

I don't like the discovery pass - we are a big group of overly organised it folks, and to only have one 'away' day leads to a whole load of sub-group scheduling issues and stress I just don't need, but for a smaller (and more easygoing!) group it might work.

aj xx
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I ski Les Arcs about 10 days a year for the last 10 years or so and only very occasionally go over to La Plagne. There is plenty of good skiing in Les Arcs for a week. It is not the same as a full PdS pass there is only one lift between the two resorts and it is very much a case of "going there" I have lost count of the number of times we have set off for La Plagne only to find ourselves really enjoying the skiing in Vallandry area that we haven't bothered going.

Having said that we had a good couple of days in La Plagne this year, but as to whether it was worth the extra 50 euro per person I would have to say no.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Declared interst - apartment owner in 1950.

We've been in Les Arcs last ten years, 30 week in total and we only go Discovery (although we are going Paradiski this year! - going to ski LP for a week - Easter snow permitting).

If you are in Les Arcs and yo feel the need to ski more than once in LP then you are staying in the wrong resort (and fair's fair, vice versa).
Get to know your areas, and choose according to the weather conditions, but there's at least a day's worth in each of Peisey, 1800, 1600, Villaroger and the 2000 bowl. And of course the hidden gems, which you'll need to chat to your locals about.

Agree with a.j., about the hassle of getting a large group over between the two: logisitics is a right royal PITA.

2000 to Vanoise, Two favoured routes: a single lift (Bois de l'Ours) or two (Marmottes, Arcabulle) but either way is no more than 25 mins including lifts and queues.

If you do decide to take 2 days, then the price difference between a Discovery plus a day pass, and a full Paradiski is about €10, €15 iirc, so I'd really go that way: but for a first time visitor to les Arcs, there's really plenty to do.

Have fun!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

we've been every week for last 7 years

that's true dedication, Boris.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, Embarassed

You know what I meant
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
get a discovery pass and when the weather's nice head over to la plagne and montalbert. a bit of lunch at fifty's then head back taking a few runs around la plagne in en route. an intermediate skiier should have no problem and you'll all have plenty to talk about in the savoy in the evening.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'd suggest the Discovery, the trip across the Vanoise Express is worth the extra on its own. Plus a good long day trip to another resort is always a good option.

Any more would be a waste, IMO. I worked my first winter season in Les arcs and went to la plagne 3 times in 5 months. Les Arcs is a brilliant ski area that you just won't get bored of in a week.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm glad someone else has posted this thread! hubby and I were debating what to do r.e lift past and umming an ahhing about upgrading to the full pass as we currently only have the discovery pass with the one day to La Plagne.

We decided to stick with the discovery in the end. I'm pretty competent on most runs now (hubby ihas always been lot better than me anyway!) and so feel we will be able to cover a lot of the area, love being able to clock up the miles as well as get down lots of different terrain. From what I've heard from other people, there will be more than enough for us to do without needing to go over the other side. I like the opportunity of being able to ski away a day but typically, we always seem to be in resorts where we are one side of the piste map and have to travel to get across to the other - and we never end up doing it TBH! And we never get bored either (but we do always pick big areas which is also poss a factor!)

I'm sure it will be great whatever Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We did a season in led arcs and had a full paradiski pass but only ever bothered with LA plagne when guests wanted to go - about 4 times the whole season. The skiing in led arcs is awesome- we in PDS this season and I miss led arcs!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy