Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia: places to go, places to avoid

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the trip draws nearer, I'd like to ask for a little advice.

Where should we go for the best pizza/fondue/raclette?
Where can I find a cash machine to withdraw money from my Visa?
Wife does NOT want to experience the hole in the floor! ( neither do I , frankly) Any places to avoid?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Where can I find a cash machine to withdraw money from my Visa?

cash machines are not as ubiquitous in Italy as elsewhere, normally only in banks (e.g. you will look in vain for one in the enormous main railway station in central Genoa) so if the only one near you is not working for any reason, or doesn't like your card, might be a hike to the next one. Don't risk running out of cash.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a bank in the main street with cash point which can empty of cash quite quickly in peak holiday periods and a further cashpoint in complex next to the Hotel Sertorelli.

Plenty of good eating up on the mountain and in the village. Copa Pan has quality traditional dishes, Grivola great for steaks and pizza's, Matterhorn a bit more of a budget menu and Jour De Nuit again good for steaks, pizza.

Not many places to avoid and few holes in the floor

A great all round place to stay

Advise if going over to Zermatt to give enough time to get back. The links can close due to high winds often without warning and it's a very long and expensive taxi ride back
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lino's next to the ice rink does great pizzas.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linos great food and great après.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you go over to the Zermatt side the self service at Trockener Steg is pretty pricey compared to what you can get over the Cervinia side. Although that is possibly the case for anywhere over the Swiss side.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the tips!

The most worrying thing now seems to be the cash, as I wouldn't want to carry that much cash on me... Well, I'll have to have some prepared for the taxi transfer, but that's a minor issue.

So are dishes like fondue and raclette ubiquitous in Cervinia/Val d'Aosta, or is that strictly a French thing?

Just a week now.... I'm thrilled since the snow conditions at home have been appalling!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy