Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Porte du soleil in mid march

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anyone done it? I am going with a friend and we are both intermediates. a little apres is nice (I do want a pint after I ski). going march 11 to 14.

a few questions:

1) How is the snow around then? Of course, I won't sue if you are wrong.
2) I will be flying into geneva. can I do a trip without a car? are transfers and getting around convenient?
3) where is a good place to stay? avioraz? morzine? les gets?
4) I assume we will have plenty of skiing to entertain us for the 3 days of skiing.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow should be fine
Look here for transfer companies.. http://www.morznet.com/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
amps, you might have some problem finding accommodation for those dates (it's French school holidays) but snow should be fine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1. Should be good but you might need to go high if it is warm.
2. Plenty of transfer options. Even a taxi is not ruinously expensive as it is only an hour or so.
3. Spoilt for choice. The problem will be finding short term accommodation. There are offers popping up for that time, but not sure about PdS. Might even be cheaper to book a chalet week and not use all of it.
4. Are you joking? Massive and delightfully varied area.

snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1) Did that week 2 years ago and it wasn't great. That said the problems of lack of snow would have started earlier than that date. I wouldn't be worried about this year.

Go to Avoriaz if there are issues.

2) Loads of cheap transfer companies - and only an hour!

3) I'd stay in Morzine - it's in between the two main ski areas. I really like the Morzine/Les Gets area but it is lower. Morzine is a really nice town and has hotels so you should be able to get a booking.

4) More than enough and if conditions aren't great in general you will still find some decent skiing - we did for a week
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've done a lads trip second or third week in March for around the last 10 years. Always had a lot of fun and usually had good skiing. The best source for real life history is to trawl through the weather thread for the PDS for each of the last few years. We have sometimes encountered warm conditions making it slushy in the afternoon and sometimes a few runs have been closed due to lack of snow. (Chatel down to Morgins, Planachaux, Barbossine suffer particularly badly) Very rarely have we been rained off for a day though it has happened. Sometimes we've been rewarded with a dump and fresh powder. Most of the time it has been great with decent snow and several sunny days.

11-14 March is during the week we are out this year. It's the last week of the French holidays but only a third of the country on holiday (mostly the local area) so I reckon you should be OK finding accommodation. Small hotel in Morzine or Chatel would work. Morzine is probably best to give access to all parts You can manage without a car with no difficulty.

If you manage to ski one run in each of the PDS villages within 3 days you will be really motoring. No chance of getting bored in that time frame. I've been at it 24 years and still finding new bits! If you are in Morzine I suggest one day on the Morzine /LEs Gets side, One day over to Chatel and back and one day over the Swiss side. They are all good but the character varies a bit

Hope it snows on us.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
amps, We will be skiing until the 27th of April. No problems.
Can sort transfers for you, pm me or make contact via the site below.
Cannot help with accomodation in mid March, unless it is a short break you seek.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy