Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski - 95mm - Atomic Theory or Line Sick day

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of changing my skis (rossignol s4) for something that handles off piste a bit better. Starting to ski a good mix of on and off piste (in the trees and the odd day with a guide), have the odd run through the park but don't think I really go enough to need a park ski.

Have been looking at either the Atomic theory or the line sick day 95 does anyone have any experience of these two skis or the differences between them? The Salomon q90 or q98 don't look bad either but I'm not sure which width.

I'm 6'1" and 70kg
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PS I skied a pair of Salomon sentinels the other weekend and they seemed quite nice so if anyone has any comparisons with those that would be helpful
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello

I recently bought a pair of Head Rock n Roll 95mm skis, which are a revelation. Up until now have had piste-orientated skis and decided to buy some wider skis for forays off-piste and for mixed conditions.

I currently use a pair of Head iMagnums on piste and the Rock n Rolls are really very good in terms of speed edge-to-edge, edge hold, damping and power at speed compared with the Magnums. Off piste and in mixed conditions / fresh snow they are vastly better.

I don't have other wide skis to compare with but i briefly owned a pair of Dynastar Outland 80 Pros that were appalling on piste (very slow edge-to-edge despite only being 80mm underfoot) and not much better off.

The graphics on the Rock n Rolls are.....different....... as they are part of the 'Motorhead' collection. I think they certainly look distinctive and are a great ski regardless of looks.

I have a mate who describes his Atomic Theorys in similar terms but neither of us have tried each other's skis.

Cheers

Aled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tried both, the atomics were in a different league on piste, off piste I'd expect them to be fairly similar but didn't get to test them in deeper stuff. As a result I'd go atomic every time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mistress Panda, I've been considering getting the Atomic's. After hearing that, my decision is made. thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for your replies I am leaning toward the atomics. The only thing I'm hesitant about is all the skis in this category starting to go with lighter tips (honey comb or thinner section) and the trend for the tips to come back in earlier features found on the salomons and sick days more, anything to it or just a trend?

Hesitant just because I bought my last skis (without rocker) right as rocker came out and that turned out to be something useful and not just a fad...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy