Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying ski wear in London in May

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm supposed to go on a 3 days business trip to UK at a mid May. Staying in hotel in London, somewhere near the Hyde Park.
I want to use this opportunity to buy a mid-level ski jacket and pants at ~100£ (for both).
From checking online, I saw that TKMaxx and SportDirect are two convenient options. (I don't have much time to go around the town for shopping)

Do you guys think/know if these shops still sell ski wear at May?
Are the prices I see online similar to the ones they charge in their shops?
Are there some other or better option for shops in this area of London.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alex79, TKMaxx are a end of line discounter. It is unlikley they will have anything in may - my local one had next to nothing the other day, but even if they do it will just be odds and ends. The online prices should be similar to shops, assuming the product is available in store...again no guarantees.

Most of the shops are around Covent Garden - easy to get to and open late. They range from quite expensive flagship stores to cheaper options. google "ski shops covent garden" and a list will coem up. Mountain Warehouse is cheap but may not be great quality. Trespass might be a good option. Anyway, they are all virtually next door to each other so you could easily get to a few

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 14-02-14 14:49; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tk Maxx are very seasonal, so unlikely. Snow and Rock or Ellis Brigham are your best bet. However £100 for a complete outfit is unrealistic at those shops. You could try Mountain Warehouse for cheaper kit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Decathlon would be perfect for your budget, but they only stock ski wear and equipment from November to March/April.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do the Covent Garden Trespass/Mountain Warehouse stock ski gear year round? The ones round here will be putting the ski kit in the sale and switching to hiking/mtb kit as soon as half term is out of the way.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davkt, THe might have clearance rails for the tourists, or stuff in the stock room if asked....

queen bodecia, No Decathlon in Central London
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the responses!
So, it basically leaves me with an option to order everything online.
When do you think is the best time to order it (availability & price wise)?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The sales will probably kick in around the end of this month though there are some good deals on Sportspursuit at the moment
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Buy online direct or from a shop selling Dare2Be or Trespass, get delivered to your hotel. They'll be knocking stuff out at deep discount come May and you'll easily get a full outfit in those brands for your budget.

e.g. these folk

https://www.marshallleisure.co.uk/
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another good one is http://www.mandmdirect.com/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.twobarefeet.co.uk/snow/snow-jackets/mens-snow-ski-jackets.html?dir=asc&order=price

There's an o'neill sale here, order online and get it delivered to your hotel.

Although if you're from most european countries you're better off just buying in your home country, most uk stores are very expensive, especially Ellis Brigham and Snow and Rock.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
also www.outdoormegastore.co.uk
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy