Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airbag - Edinburgh Airport (EasyJet)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just bought myself an Ortovox ABS avalanche backpack, we are flying next week on EasyJet from Edinburgh to Geneva. I have read lots of advice here on travelling with an ABS system, but I wondered:
1. Has anyone flown through Edinburgh with one, if so any problems?
2. Has anyone flown with the bag as hand baggage? It is quite an expensive piece of kit so I would rather not check it in!
Has anyone taken an ABS pack through Edinburgh specifically as hand baggage?

I really don't want to have to check it in and regs say I can take it as hand baggage. I just wonder whether it is really possible to do so.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We met someone flying from EDI to LGW just a couple of weeks ago with his ABS (or Snowpulse?) bag as hand luggage. He had to check his cylinder as hold luggage I think. Lots of info on this thread here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Looks to me like the regs say the whole thing including canister can be taken as hand luggage though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
zikomo, I flew with Easyjet from LBA a few weeks back , they were fine. Put in the hold, not as hand luggage.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski wrote:
zikomo, I flew with Easyjet from LBA a few weeks back , they were fine. Put in the hold, not as hand luggage.

Thanks, seems lots of people have and similar hassle free experience with EasyJet when putting the pack in the hold. The questions remain, though, re Edinburgh and taking it as hand baggage.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
zikomo, personally reckon you'd be ok if the cylinder was in the hold......worth trying - worst case they'll make you pack it?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I always fly wityh EJ with my sack as hand luggage and the cylinder and trigger in hold baggage.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Avalanche Poodle wrote:
I always fly wityh EJ with my sack as hand luggage and the cylinder and trigger in hold baggage.

Hi and thanks for this. Do you leave the airbag unit in the sack, and only check in the cylinder and trigger? Any problems with security?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy